California Highlights , 7 Days, SAVE $204*
What you get...
- 2 nights accommodation at the Pines Resort overlooking Bass Lake.
- 4 nights accommodation in twin-share hotels.
- 3 breakfasts & 2 dinners.
- 1 World Heritage Site visited.
- Experience some of the world's largest hotels & casinos & non-stop nightlife.
- Las Vegas Party Bus.
- See Yosemite's famous rock formations, El Capitan, Half Dome & Bridalveil Falls.
- Hike around Yosemite Valley's Park trails.
- Cross the Oakland Bay & Golden Gate Bridges See North Beach, Chinatown, Golden Gate Park, Haight Ashbury & the city's iconic cable cars.
- An experienced & professional Trip Manager & Driver team.
- WAS $1355*, NOW $1151*, SAVE $204*.
Las Vegas - Las Vegas - Bass Lake - Yosemite National Park - Bass Lake - San Francisco
Day 1 Las Vegas.
This afternoon, meet up with your Contiki crew and Tour Manager in larger-than-life Las Vegas a manmade entertainment oasis smack in the middle of the desert. Dubbed 'Sin City', it's all about glitz, neon lights and excess. See the bright lights of this city and its world famous casinos in a first taste of Vegas kitsch. Get a real feel for this outrageous town and keep an eye out for Elvis impersonators and fast-paced chapel weddings! Explore the Strip and check out over-the-top versions of international icons, like the Eiffel Tower, Venetian canals and gondolas, a Roman temple or the pyramid, whose nightlight can be seen from the moon. Try your luck at one of the casinos, sit yourself down at a blackjack table and watch the high-rollers or go for a ride at one of the casino's theme-parks. If you work up an appetite, tuck into an all you can eat buffet, and lunch American style. For an 'only in Vegas' experience, choose our optional Las Vegas show. Then get some pointers on Las Vegas hot spots from your Trip Manager and make the most of this towns' 24/7 action with some of your travel buddies.
Day 2 Las Vegas to Bass Lake.
Today, it's a total change of scene when leave behind flashy Vegas and the desert to arrive in the outdoor capital of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Make the most of picturesque Bass Lake and wind down in your chalet. With two nights at this lakefront resort, you can unpack your things, kickback on your chalet's deck and soak up the views.
Day 3 Yosemite National Park.
Get back to nature with a day in Yosemite National Park. This place has a reputation for a reason ' it's absolutely stunning. With a dramatic combination of waterfalls, woods, towering mountains and wildlife, Yosemite will take your breath away. Keep an eye out and a camera handy in case you're lucky enough to see black bears, deer and coyotes. Your Trip Manager will tell you all about Yosemite as you check out the massive El Capitan rock and the sheerest cliff in the USA, Half Dome. It's guaranteed to impress. You'll also see the breathtaking Yosemite and Bridalveil Falls. Add to your time here and hike or bike along the park's trails to experience this unique environment first hand and close up. Tonight, if the weather is good, cook up a BBQ on your chalet's deck and enjoy eating under the open night sky.
Day 4 Bass Lake to San Francisco.
Cruise on through the San Joaquin Valley to free-wheeling San Francisco, via Oakland. Colourful, cosmopolitan and creative, San Francisco is packed with characters, free-thinkers, and artists. You'll see the signs of its recent history where it served as the hub of the gold rush, as well as the center for Beatnik and Hippy cultures. After crossing over the Bay Bridge for a panorama of the area, get familiar with this buzzing city as your Tour Manager shows you around San Francisco's key sights. We stop off at Fisherman's Wharf for a slice of the historic waterfront lifestyle, where you can order some fresh fish or crab from sidewalk stands. Cross San Francisco's landmark suspension bridge, the Golden Gate, and check out the city's iconic row houses on Alamo Square.
Day 5-6 San Francisco.
With a couple of days here, get a real feel for San Francisco and its hilly streets. Chalk up a local experience by jumping on a cable car and exploring the city. If you've booked ahead of time, catch a ferry out to Alcatraz, the former island jail that once held A-list criminals like Al 'Scarface' Capone, Soviet spies and crime bosses. Walk around the old cells and get the background on these bad boys. Thriving with activity, Chinatown is a fun, kitsch experience. Choose the optional trip there with your Trip Manager and see its hidden spots. Learn about the history of the gold rush as you walk through the bustling district, past traditional herb-sops, Buddhas, and flashing neon lights. Then eat together at one of its many authentic restaurants. You could turn back the clock to the 'Summer of Love' with a visit to cool Haight-Ashbury, the centre point of 1960s alternative culture. Once packed with 75000 hippies, it now has chilled-out cafes, record stores, second hand clothes shops and bookstores to rummage through. With over 3000 places to eat and drink, San Francisco has more choice per capita than anywhere else. Head to the city's gritty Latin American quarter, Mission District, for Mexican tacos or El Salvadorian pupusas or hit North Beach for some Italian.
Day 7 San Francisco.
This morning the tour ends and it's time to say goodbye to your new friends. ***If you're travelling between 3 Jan 2017 & 14 Mar 2017 this trip is 8 days long, features a slightly modified itinerary and you can choose to end the trip in LA.
Top 10 cities for youth travel in 2017
We’ve taken a look at the stats, explored all the lands and have now chosen ten cities emerging in popularity among Student Flights travellers that we predict to keep growing in 2017.
Cross checking a number of different sources from air ticket purchases to accommodation bookings and...
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on Twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..