Western Highlights, 9 Days, SAVE $296*
What you get...
- 6 nights accommodation in twin-share Hotels.
- 2 nights in a twin-share Lodge.
- 5 breakfasts & 4 dinners.
- 1 World Heritage Site visited.
- Drive through the OC & along the scenic Pacific Coast.
- See downtown San Diego, the Gaslamp Quarter, Balboa Park, Coronado Island & Old Town San Diego.
- Go loco as you feast on traditional Mexican cuisine.
- Shop for Native American jewelery.
- Visit Grand Canyon National Park & hike along the Canyon's South Rim.
- Visit Fremont Street & see the light-and-laser show.
- Experience some of the world's largest hotels & casinos.
- Go wild in Vegas with a Party Bus.
- An experienced & professional Trip Manager & Driver team.
- Transport by Modern, air-conditioned coach.
- WAS $1969*, NOW $1673*, SAVE $296*.
Los Angeles - San Diego - San Diego - Phoenix - Grand Canyon - Grand Canyon National Park - Grand Canyon - Las Vegas
Day 1 Los Angeles.
Meet up with your Contiki Team this morning then cruise down the star-studded Hollywood boulevard and the Sunset Strip, shop or chill at Santa Monica and get the into the energy of Venice Beach.
Day 2 Los Angeles to San Diego.
Meet up with your Contiki crew and Trip Manager before cruising through Orange County and along the Pacific coastline to laid-back San Diego. Get a feel for the city's easy-going vibes with a look around San Diego's vibrant neighborhoods. In Old town, your Trip Manager will give you the story behind the original pueblo, with its Adobe buildings and show you the 19th century buildings of the Gaslamp Quarter's. You'll also see Balboa Park, which holds the largest urban cultural park in the USA and the world-famous San Diego Zoo. Tonight, make your first night on trip one to remember and get to know the group over dinner before heading out for a fun night exploring the Gaslamp District's funky live music venues or one of the many cool bars.
Day 3 San Diego.
With a full day in San Diego, live a bit of the California lifestyle and get into some outdoor activities. With 42 miles of beaches, a Mediterranean climate and loads of parks, San Diego is all about kicking back in the pleasant surrounds. Otherwise, visit the San Diego Zoo, known for its conservation efforts and vast numbers of animals. If the weather is good, we'll cruise out to the locals favorite spot, Mission Beach, for a few hours soaking up the sun or walking along the boardwalk for views of ocean. Don't forget your towel and swimmers.
Day 4 San Diego to Phoenix.
Things are about to get hotter as we head to Phoenix, a massive metropolis sitting smack in the middle of the desert. With around 300 days of sunshine per year, this place is all about shopping, sports and nightlife.
Day 5 Phoenix to Grand Canyon.
Kick start the day with an unforgettable optional excursion: a hot-air balloon ride over the Sonoran Desert and 'Valley of the Sun'. The combination of full blown vistas over the desert and a champagne breakfast upon landing make this an amazing experience. We continue deeper into the Wild West as we head to stunning Sedona. Chill out and watch the region's recognizable red rock cliffs, rugged spires and mesas go by from the coach. Your Trip Manager will tell you about this eco-friendly town that is also known for its high-energy red rocks. There's a chance to explore this stunning red rock country with our Local Guide on an optional 4WD tour through the historic canyons. Learn local legends and even pick up a piece of Native American jewelery. We continue on to the mind-blowing landscape of the Grand Canyon, one of the world's most recognizable natural wonders and pride of Arizona.
Day 6 Grand Canyon National Park.
A day here means time to take in the immensity and spine-tingling beauty of the scene-stealing Canyon it has got a rep for a reason! This morning get up close to this UNESCO World Heritage site on an optional helicopter ride and get another angle on the Canyon as you fly over it. Hike along the South Rim for mind-blowing vistas of the dramatic scenery. See some of the oldest exposed rocks on earth, take in the deep abyss and soak up the wildness of the area. There are trails for all levels of hiking, so take it up a notch or cruise along at your own pace. Wrap up the day with a canyon sunset and take in the stunning changes of light while the sun goes down.
Day 7 Grand Canyon to Las Vegas.
Leaving behind the Grand Canyon, we stop off at Seligman, an historic Route 66 town. Get a feel for the old style as you check out 1940's shop fronts and motels. Maybe pick up a souvenir for back home. Then following a section of the legendary Route 66, we head north. With down time on the coach, plug in your MP3, catch on some sleep or chat with your friends. Get ready to arrive in larger-than-life Las Vegas a man-made entertainment oasis smack in the middle of the desert. Often dubbed Sin City, it's all about glitz, neon lights, and excess. See the bright lights of this city and its world-famous casinos in a first taste of Vegas kitsch as the group heads down the main drag, the 'Strip', and your Trip Manager fills you in on the story behind Vegas. Then cruise downtown to Freemont Street and experience a slice of the spectacular at a light and laser show in a massive pedestrian mall.
Day 8 Las Vegas.
With a free day, you've got time to get a real feel for this outrageous town, so keep an eye out for Elvis impersonators and fast-paced chapel weddings! Explore more of the Strip and check out over-the-top versions of international icons, like the Eiffel tower, Venetian canals and gondolas, a Roman temple or the pyramid, whose nightlight can be seen from the moon. Try your luck at one of the casinos, sit yourself down at a blackjack table and watch the high-rollers or go for a ride at one of the casino's theme-parks. If you work up an appetite, tuck into an all you can eat buffet, and lunch American style. For something different, discover Las Vegas trademark art at the Neon Museum and for a look into this town's atomic heyday in the 50s, visit the Atomic Testing Museum. Tonight, get some pointers on Las Vegas hot spots from your Trip Manager and make the most of this towns' 24/7 action with some of your new friends.
Day 9 Las Vegas.
Say goodbye to the party in the desert as your US adventure wraps up and it's time to say farewell to your new friends.
Top 10 cities for youth travel in 2017
We’ve taken a look at the stats, explored all the lands and have now chosen ten cities emerging in popularity among Student Flights travellers that we predict to keep growing in 2017.
Cross checking a number of different sources from air ticket purchases to accommodation bookings and...
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on Twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..