Canadian Encounter, 7 Days, SAVE $207*
What you get...
- 6 nights accommodation.
- 3 breakfasts and 4 dinners.
- Visit Gettysburg National Military Park.
- See the Strip District, Heinz Field & PNC Park.
- Maid of the Mist boat cruise to the base of the Falls.
- Feel the spray as you cruise to the base of the incredible Niagara Falls.
- Sample some of Niagara's best with a wine tasting.
- See CN Tower, Rogers Centre, eclectic shops on Yonge Street & the University of Toronto.
- Visit the Ben & Jerrys Ice Cream factory.
- See Boston Common, Quincy Marketplace, Faneuil Hall & the original 'Cheers' Bar.
- An experienced & professional Trip Manager & Driver team.
- WAS $1375*, NOW $1168*, SAVE $207*.
Washington DC - Pittsburgh - Niagara Falls - Niagara Falls - Toronto - Toronto - Montreal - Montreal - Boston
Day 1 Washington DC to Pittsburgh.
Visit the Civil War site of Gettysburg, where President Lincoln gave the famous Gettysburg Address. Then it's onward to Steel City, Pittsburgh. For an amazing view of the city and its three rivers, take a ride on the century old Duquesne Incline and view the city from its observation deck atop Mt. Washington. Afterwards, eat like a local and sink your teeth into a seriously tasty sandwich, filled with meat, coleslaw and fries, at the well-known Primanti Brothers Restaurant. Legendary! Once you've had your fix, you and your crew could head out to one of the many fun neighbourhoods for a night on the town with the group.
Day 2 Pittsburgh to Niagara Falls.
Say farewell USA as we cross into Canada for a day exploring Niagara Falls. This world famous spot is right on the border of the USA and Canada, and we'll get you closer to these epic falls. Jump on board the 'Maid of the Mist' and cruise along the river to the base of the world's second largest falls for a closer look. You'll see the incredible volume of water pouring over the cliff and feel the sheer power of the spray. But don't worry there is an included rain poncho to keep you dry. If that's not enough why don't you secure a seat on the helicopter and see everything from a different view. When the evening arrives, after a pretty eventful day, you will get to witness the beautiful illuminations of the Niagara falls, then you will get the option of going to watch an IMAX movie. Fouuff what a day!
Day 3 Niagara Falls to Toronto.
Soak in the vineyards vibes & orchards of Niagara on the Lake. tour a winery & sample some regional drops before arriving in toronto.
Day 4 Toronto.
toronto is loaded with things to do, so some ideas for your free time include getting away from it all by jumping on a local ferry and heading out to one of toronto's leafy islands. With no cars, cute cottages and windswept nature, these are the perfect places to chill out. Or, for something different, visit the fantastic Bata Shoe Museum and see its quirky, impressive collection of footwear. If something sporty is more your thing, head to the Hockey Hall of Fame and honor Canada's national sport. Otherwise, explore toronto's melting pot, experience different pockets of culture and taste food from all over the world. Start by having a bit of fun in colorful and chaotic Chinatown. It's packed with little shops selling anything from knick knacks to lanterns, and its streets are full of stalls dishing up all sorts of tasty Asian dishes. Check out the bustling vibe of near-by Kensington Market, a vibrant, multi-cultural neighborhood that is fascinating to walk around. Popular with locals, Kensington Market serves up bakeries, tapas, international grocery stores, Mexican and Jewish food, vintage stores and one-of-a kind boutiques. Round off your experience with some espresso and pastries in Little Italy. Get your heart racing in an optional excursion up CN tower, where you can walk the glass floor and enjoy the widest-reaching vistas in toronto. Enjoy an insider's look at toronto's night life on an optional guided party pub crawl around the city's hot spots tonight and finish your time off in this city with a night to remember.
Day 5 Toronto to Montreal.
As we stick to the St Lawrence River Valley, you'll see the local fresh water wonder: the 1000 islands of different sizes that are scattered across Lake Ontario and the river. Continue on to the island city of Montreal. A happening hub and home to the famous Montreal Jazz festival, this hot, creative city mixes up a North American feel with French influence. It also has amazing food and is thriving with festivities. Get familiar with the city when we arrive. Your tour Manager will show you some of Montreal's signature sites. See the copper dome of St Joseph's oratory, the biggest monument built to honour Canada's patron saint. You'll get a look at Montreal's most famous architectural curiosity: the 1976 Olympic stadium, complete with the world's tallest inclined tower. Catch some of Montreal's relaxed vibes down at the Old Port and get the background on its maritime history as the group drives around the quays. The well-preserved riverside old-town was a key player in early Montreal's development. Then, we'll take a drive up Mt Royal, which serves up sweeping views over the city. Check out this enormous park that was designed by the same person who landscaped New York's famous Central Park.
Day 6 Montreal.
With a free day ahead of you, explore Montreal's creative core and joie de vivre. See some of the city's innovations, like the world-famous Biodome, where you can walk through different eco-systems, from ocean fronts to woodlands, and get up close to all sorts of wildlife. Montreal is a great place to shop. On St Laurent Boulevard look through cutting-edge boutiques, jewelery stores and artist workshops. Otherwise just hang out in an outdoor cafe among the throngs of people and get a real feel for Montreal's street life. For a different shopping experience, head underground to Montreal's famous underground-city. With 19 miles of shops and restaurants right under the heart of the city, it's got it all. Lunchtime - Go local and head to Jean-Talon Market, with its bustling stalls and friendly atmosphere. Try some tasty baked goods, fresh produce or delicious snacks, like calamari and chips. Then kick back with some of the best coffee in town from near-by Little Italy. Tonight, explore Montreal's amazing nightlife with some friends. There's so much to choose from jazz bars in the down town area, the student vibes of the Latin Quarter, the clubs of Rue St. Catherine or the festive outdoor atmosphere and cozy lounge bars back up the hill on Mt Royal, where Rue St. Denis is a happening night spot. Afterward, round off your night with a Montreal favorite: poutine.
Day 7 Montreal to Boston.
today it's on to historic New England with a tasty stop and a historic stop along the way. Excitement will be high as you pull up to the home of Ben & Jerrys Ice Cream. Your mouth will be watering as you get to try all the delicious flavours in the ice cream factory, then you'll be stopping off at Montpelier for a wander and to walk off all the free ice cream you inhaled. There is a lot to see today and at the end you will get an 80's throwback, as you visit the bar where everybody knows your name 'Cheers' Bar, which you can reflect on over dinner with the crew.
Top 10 cities for youth travel in 2017
We’ve taken a look at the stats, explored all the lands and have now chosen ten cities emerging in popularity among Student Flights travellers that we predict to keep growing in 2017.
Cross checking a number of different sources from air ticket purchases to accommodation bookings and...
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on Twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..