Revolutionary Roads, 8 days, SAVE $312*
What you get...
- 7 nights accommodation in twin-share hotels.
- 4 breakfasts and 3 dinners.
- See Wall Street, Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the Guggenheim Museum.
- See Fashionable 5th Avenue, St Patricks Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, and Tiffanys.
- View the World Trade Center Memorial & Battery Park.
- Take the elevator 86 floors up to the Empire State Building Observation Deck.
- Visit Amish country.
- See the Lincoln, Jefferson, Vietnam, FDR & Korean Memorials.
- See the White House, Capitol Building & Washington Monument.
- Visit John F Kennedy's Grave & the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery.
- Visit the Smithsonian Museums of Natural History, Air & Space and American History.
- An experienced & professional Trip Manager & Driver team.
- WAS $2075*, NOW $1763*, SAVE $312*.
Boston - New York - New York - Philadelphia - Philadelphia - Washington DC
Day 1 Boston.
Meet up with your Contiki Team in the one & only Boston. We'll explore this historic city on a sightseeing tour & then we'll tour prestigious Harvard University before having the rest of the day free.
Day 2 Boston.
With a full day here, you'll get a feel for this user-friendly city, which is easy to explore on foot. In your free time, walk through a living time line and follow Boston's famous Freedom Trail, which takes you past 2 and a half centuries of history. Learn about Boston's rebellious role on its road to independence as you explore the cobbled lanes and historic hot spots. Discover more of Boston. Pound the pavements or choose our optional Hop-on-Hop-off trolley tour and cover more of the city. You'll get the background on Boston's famous Tea Party, when Boston citizens threw tons of tea into the harbour in protest against the British Crown. Head back to Faneuil Hall & Quincy Market for a bit of souvenir shopping and a dose of history. Dubbed the 'Cradle of Liberty' this famous brick building has played a key role in the city for over 250 years. Check out the stalls loaded with New England's crafts, pick up some Boston-made items and order some local food at a push cart eatery or restaurant. For a bit of the local lifestyle, take in the waterfront by following the Haborwalk. Made up of 62.8 km of paths weaving through diverse neighborhoods, it is a great way to experience Boston's maritime flavour and see its working ports in action. Get into the city's cafe culture on Italian flavoured Hanover Street in Boston's oldest residential district. Sip on a cappuccino as you take in the city's iconic brick architecture. If you just want to relax, kick back with the locals and people-watch in one of the nine parks that make up the city's 'Emerald Necklace'. You could return to Boston Common, where public hangings took place in the old days, now it's a great place to hang out.
Day 3 Boston to New York.
See the capital of Rhode Island, Providence before heading back to the bright lights of NYC where the tour ends & it's time to say good-bye to your new friends.
Day 4 New York.
Jump start the new year by following local tradition and go ice-skating at the Rockfeller Centre or catch a matinee on Broadway. Otherwise, use your free time to get out of the city for a change of scene. Head out to beautiful Brooklyn by walking over the historic Brooklyn Bridge or visit the colourful suburb, the Bronx, known for its zoo and botanical gardens. For something different, hit the Lower East Side and learn about New York's mixed history and immigrants at the Tenement Museum. If you're feeling hungry, visit the Chelsea Market it's packed with gourmet foods from brownies to lobster. tonight is the last night on tour, and we're going to make it unforgettable. We'll head straight to the top of New York's most famous landmark, the Empire State Building. Take in the gorgeous night lights of Manhattan and sweeping views over the city from 102 floors up.
Day 5 New York to Philadelphia.
First up, this morning is a visit to Lady Liberty & then it's Goodbye Big Apple & Hello Philly! We head to the historic, hip & art-filled city known as the 'City of Brotherly Love'.
Day 6 Philadelphia to Washington DC.
On your way to the nation's capital, we'll turn back the clock with a visit to Amish Country. Later, we'll visit Arlington National Cemetery, where JFK is buried and thousands of US soldiers lie. You'll see the sobering sight of endless rows of white headstones and have the chance to watch the Changing of the Guard at the tomb of the Unknown Soldier. tonight we'll see the sites on an illumination tour of the city's famous monuments.
Day 7 Washington DC.
With a full day to explore the capital, you can visit some fascinating museums and monuments, or hang out in the city's vibrant neighborhoods for a different feel. Get a dose of culture at the Smithsonian Museums. This is a one-stop culture spot, made up of 19 different museums. It has it all ' from natural history to space, so the choice is yours, and best of all, it's free! You can also visit the world-class Holocaust Museum and learn about one of history's darkest moments as you honor the victims. For something fun and intriguing, head to the Spy Museum. Find out about infamous FBI cases and what it means to be a secret agent, while you listen to bugs and play around with gadgets and interactive displays. For something more upbeat, get down and funky in Adams-Morgan, another trendy district.
Day 8 Washington DC.
It's time to say farewell to your travel buddies when your trip ends after breakfast.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on Twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..