Vietnam - Hike, Bike & Kayak, 10 Days, SAVE $276*
What you get...
- 10 day Intrepid tour departing Hanoi.
- 9 nights accommodation.
- 9 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 3 dinners.
- Sightseeing and inclusions as per itinerary.
- Services of an Intrepid tour leader.
- Transport by Private Bus, Bike, Kayak.
- WAS $1380* NOW $1104* SAVE $276*.
Hanoi - Sapa - Sapa Trek - Ta Van - Mai Chau - Ninh Binh - Halong Bay
Day 1 Hanoi.
Xin chao. Welcome to Vietnam Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6pm. Please look for a note in the hotel lobby or ask the hotel reception where it will take place. If you're going to be late, please inform the hotel reception. We'll be collecting your insurance details and next of kin information at this meeting, so please ensure you have all these details to provide to your leader. The meeting is generally followed by an optional group meal out at one of Hanoi's fantastic eating spots. If you have time before the meeting, head out and
Day 2 Sapa.
After breakfast climb board a private bus to Sa Pa, a town in the Hoang Lien Son Mountains of northwest Vietnam. This journey will take approximately 5 hours. From the Sa Pa market, venture out on a short trek through the surrounding valleys to visit a hill-tribe village called Cat Cat. This is home to the H'mong people, who emigrated from China 300 years ago. In the evening, settle into your hotel in Sapa for the night.
Day 3 Sapa Trek to Ta Van.
Savour the dramatic landscapes and panoramic views of rural Vietnam on a trek from Lao Chai to Ta Van. You'll pass by terraced farms ripe with corn and rice, over bubbling brooks and through bucolic villages. Stop for a picnic lunch before heading on to our home stay with a local family in the evening.
Day 4 Hanoi.
This morning trek to Su Pan before taking some time to rest your feet on a bus ride back to Sa Pa. In the afternoon the group returns to Hanoi. Maybe get a bird's eye view of the city from a rooftop bar and unwind with an iced coffee.
Day 5 Hanoi.
Vietnam's capital is best explored on foot, which is why the group will head out on a city walking tour. See the final resting place of Vietnam's revered revolutionary at Ho Chi Minh's mausoleum and Museum before stopping by Bach Ma Temple in Hanoi's Old Quarter. Although the shrine was originally built in the 11th century, and is therefore considered to be the city's oldest temple, the current structure and shrine to Confucius actually dates from the 18th century. In the afternoon, have a practice on your bike with a warm up cycling trip around Hanoi's West Lake.
Day 6 Mai Chau.
Leave behind the Hanoi hustle and journey to the clean air of the Mai Chau valley. There are great photo opportunities along the way - stop at a vantage point to take in the view of Mai Chau, home to a variety of minority groups with their own unique culture and languages. Along the way, there's also the opportunity to help local farmers plant rice seeds into the fields. Arrive in Mai Chau and head to the village of Pom Coong, where your local guide will introduce you to your hosts for lunch, and provide information on the region's people, their lifestyles, customs and culture. Lunch is a traditional affair with examples of local cuisine on offer. This is a great opportunity to experience the local area, chat with your hosts, and gain a real insight into life in this fascinating and picturesque region. After lunch, take some time to relax before saddling up for a cycle trip to nearby villages. Back at the homestay, relax with a cold drink while watching the sun set over the peaceful mountains. Alternatively, for the food lovers, why not help the landlady cook dinner.
Day 7 Ninh Binh.
After breakfast set out again on your bike on a cycle from Mai Chau to Ninh Binh, a region well-known for its green valleys, karst mountains and conservation areas. Todays ride will cover approximately 70 kilometres in total.
Day 8 Halong Bay.
In the morning catch a bus from Ninh Binh to the spectacular Halong Bay, with its towering limestone islands topped with rainforests and gold-sailed junk boats cruising along the water. Grab a kayak and spend the day paddling across the bay's turquoise waters before climbing aboard a boat for an overnight stay.
Day 9 Hanoi.
Take the chance to discover more of Halong Bay's secret caves and lagoons on a morning kayak expedition. Later, catch the bus back to bustling Hanoi. Arrive in the late afternoon. Perhaps head down to the markets for some last-minute souvenir shopping or pay a visit to one of the city's many fascinating museums, such as the Fine Art Museum or Museum of Ethnology. Toast the end of this active adventure with an optional farewell dinner with your group.
Day 10 Hanoi.
This active adventure comes to an end today. You are free to depart at any time. Perhaps consider exploring further on the Village Discovery By Bike Urban Adventure or the Hanoi Street Food by Night.
Top 10 cities for youth travel in 2017
We’ve taken a look at the stats, explored all the lands and have now chosen ten cities emerging in popularity among Student Flights travellers that we predict to keep growing in 2017.
Cross checking a number of different sources from air ticket purchases to accommodation bookings and...
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..