North India Explorer, 11 Days, SAVE $165*
What you get...
- 11 day tour departing Delhi.
- 10 nights accommodation.
- Sightseeing and inclusions as per itinerary.
- Services of a Geckos expert English-speaking local tour guide throughout the tour.
- Transport by Auto-rickshaw, Bicycle rickshaw, Jeep, Local bus, Private vehicle, Train.
- WAS $825* NOW $660* NOW $165.
Delhi - Delhi - Varanasi - Agra overnight train - Agra - Jaipur - Bundi - Delhi overnight train
Day 1 Delhi.
Namaste. Welcome to Delhi, India. Today is an arrival day with no planned activities, except for a pre-departure meeting tonight at around 6 pm. Please look for a note in the lobby or ask reception where it will take place. We'll be collecting insurance details and next of kin information at this meeting, so ensure you bring these details to provide to your leader. If you're going to be late, please inform the accommodation as soon as possible. After the meeting, perhaps pop out for an optional group dinner.
Day 2 Delhi - Varanasi overnight train.
This morning head out on a walking tour around the commercial heart of Delhi, visiting Chandni Chowk (Sheeshganj Gurudwara) and Connaught Place along the way. Explore Old Delhi on a bicycle rickshaw to dig that little bit deeper. You'll then have some free time to do as much sightseeing as you can, before boarding an overnight sleeper train bound for Varanasi. The journey should take around 13 hours and you'll arrive into Varanasi early in the morning.
Day 3 Varanasi.
Arriving into Varanasi early, head straight to the hotel to freshen up before plunging head first into this holy city, which is one of the world's oldest. Explore the narrow laneways and backstreets on a walking tour with your guide, before watching the world pass by along the ghats. Your evening is then free to do as you wish.
Day 4 Varanasi to Agra overnight train.
Wake up early and experience one of the highlights of your time in India. This morning, jump in boats and watch the sunrise over the Ganges. Pilgrims bathing, cremation fires and riverside haircuts - India is best before dawn and this is the best way to see it. The rest of your Day is free to explore, before catching an overnight train to Agra tonight (approximately 11 hours).
Day 5 Agra.
Arriving into Agra early this morning, head to the most iconic site in India, the Taj Mahal. The highlights of India just keep coming. You have a full day to explore Agra on a motorised rickshaw trip, with Agra Fort being another incredible optional activity in the afternoon. The rest of your Day is then free.
Day 6 Jaipur.
Jump on a bus this morning and travel for around four hours to Rajasthan's pink capital, Jaipur. On arrival into the city stop off at the Hawa Mahal (pink sandstone palace) before heading to your hotel. Use the opportunity to freshen up and then venture out for a walking tour of the old city. In your spare time, perhaps take an optional tour of the Jaipur City Palace.
Day 7 Jaipur.
For many travellers, a hot air balloon experience is one of the highlights of Jaipur. Ballooning can be done over Jaipur on the morning of Day 7, between September and June. For additional information, please see the important notes section of your trip notes. Later in the morning, enjoy a guided tour of the medieval Amber Fort with a local guide. The rest of your Day is then free to explore Jaipur on your own.
Day 8 Bundi.
Travel for around five hours this morning to Bundi, which feels like a world away from the chaos of Jaipur. Home to the famed stepwells and a ruined hilltop castle, it's a compact town best explored on foot. Meet your local guide and see this charming town through his eyes. Your guide will take you around the stepwell, Bundi Palace and may even point you in the right direction of best cup of chai in Rajasthan.
Day 9 Bundi to Delhi overnight train.
Enjoy a free Day checking out more of Bundi. There are approximately 50 stepwells in Bundi, as well as a pretty impressive lake. Bundi is a friendly town and it's really fun to wander in the streets leading up to the palace - this is a good way to get a feel for the town. Tonight, catch an overnight train to Delhi, which takes around ten hours.
Day 10 Delhi.
Arrive into Delhi early, with the Day free to do some more exploring. There are shopping experiences aplenty or perhaps book an Urban Adventure to get your last proper taste of India. An optional group dinner tonight is a great way to finish a memorable trip in this remarkable country.
Day 11 Delhi.
Your North India adventure ends after breakfast this morning and you're free to leave
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..