Nile Discovery, 8 Days, SAVE $308*
What you get...
On the bucket list:.
- 5-star Cruise on the Nile.
- Egyptology tours at major sites (entrance fees not included)*.
- Pyramids & Sphinx at Giza Plateau.
- Egyptian Museum.
- Temples of Abu Simbel.
- Kom Ombo & Edfu Temples.
- Temples of Luxor & Karnak.
- Valley of the Kings & Temple of Hatshepsut.
- Nubian village visit
- 2 nights accommodation in 4-star Hotels (Twin Share).
- 3 nights accommodation in a 5-star Cruise Ship (Cabin).
- 2 nights accommodation on board an overnight Coach.
- 7 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners.
- Services of an awesome English-speaking Trip Leader.
- Transport in an air-conditioned minibus & Nile cruise ship.
- Arrival transfer from the airport to hotel.
- WAS $1540*, NOW $1232*, SAVE $308*.
Cairo - Aswan - Nile Cruise Ship
Day 1 Cairo.
Welcome to the city of a thousand minarets and watch the madness of Cairo's traffic jams from a kahwas (coffee shop). But first, rock up to tonight's welcome meeting and meet your newfriends.
Day 2 Cairo to Aswan.
Before Bieber fever there was Tutmania (Google it if you want to cringe at Steve Martin dancing the 'funky Tut'). King Tutankhamun was so adored, in fact, he was buried in a solid gold coffin. Like a boss. Head straight for the (air conditioned) room in the Egyptian Museum that houses his flashy gold burial mask. Then tick off the Giza Pyramids and their watchdog, aka the Sphinx.
Day 3 Aswan to Nile Cruise Ship.
Remember the time of ancient Nubia sailing along the Nile on a felucca sailboat and later, a culture lesson in a brightly coloured traditional village. Then, climb aboard your five-star chariot (replete with rooftop pool, sun lounges and belly dancing) for a taste of life finer than the pharoah's could have ever imagined.
Day 4 Nile Cruise Ship.
Come face to face with vanity at its best at Abu Simbel, presided over by four gigantic statues of Ramesses II - pioneer of the ancient Egyptian #selfie. What's cooler than Kom Ombo temple? The fact 300 mummified crocodiles were found nearby.
Day 5 Nile Cruise Ship.
The eye of Ra is watching you toDay as we head to the Temple of Edfu. Get acquainted with the falcon-headed sky god Horus. After that, kick back on deck and drink in the beauty of the Nile.
Day 6 Nile Cruise Ship.
to Cairo via Luxor. Mummy making 101: Keep the heart. Ditch the brain. Pretty symbolic, no? Walk through the shadow of the Valley of Kings (Coolio style) and go for a Temple trifecta ticking off Hatshepsut, Karnak and Luxor plus Colossi of Memnon before heading back to Cairo.
Day 7 Cairo.
toDay's highlight reel in the Arab city that never sleeps: Necropolis of Saqqara, Coptic Cairo and Khan el Khalili market. How's your haggling skills?.
Day 8 Cairo.
Shisha Is the trip over already? If your inner explorer has been stoked, stay on to uncover more of Cairo's coolness. We're outta here after breakfast.
Top 10 cities for youth travel in 2017
We’ve taken a look at the stats, explored all the lands and have now chosen ten cities emerging in popularity among Student Flights travellers that we predict to keep growing in 2017.
Cross checking a number of different sources from air ticket purchases to accommodation bookings and...
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twim share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..