Pyramids & Beaches, 15 Days, SAVE $299*
What you get...
On the bucket list:.
- Egyptology tours at major sites (entrance fees not included)*.
- Pyramids & Sphinx at Giza Plateau.
- Egyptian Museum.
- Temples of Abu Simbel & Kom Ombo.
- Valley of the Kings & Temple of Hatshepsut.
- Felucca Sailing on the Nile.
- Relax on the Red Sea in Dahab
- 9 nights accommodation in 3-star Hotels (Twin/Triple Share).
- 1 night accommodation in a Tourist Class Hotel (Twin/Triple Share).
- 2 nights accommodation on board a Felucca Sailboat.
- 2 nights accommodation on board an overnight Coach.
- 14 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners.
- Services of an awesome English-speaking Trip Leader.
- Transport in an air-conditioned minibus & felucca sailboat.
- Arrival transfer from the airport to hotel.
- WAS $1495*, NOW $1196*, SAVE $299*.
Cairo - Aswan - Felucca Sailing - Luxor - Dahab
Day 1 Cairo.
Get smacked with a high-voltage dose of mosques, churches, palaces and papyrus sellers as you make your way through Cairo, the City of a Thousand Minarets. Get briefed with the gang tonight.
Day 2 Cairo to Aswan.
Remember the Time of Ancient Egypt filled with jewels, King Tutankhamun's tomb haul and of course, mummies, at the Egyptian Museum. Then, witness the last survivor of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World - the Great Pyramid of Giza - and snap a Sphinx selfie.
Day 3 Aswan.
Recover your strength in laid-back Aswan. Opt to visit the Philae High Temple, Aswan High Dam and check out the Nubian's roofless houses in one of the driest inhabited places in the world.
Day 4 Aswan to Felucca Sailing.
Kanye may think he's a god and have a wife that #breakstheinternet, but Pharaoh Ramesses II had way more swag in Ancient Egypt. His four statues flanking the entrance to Abu Simbel mean he'll be remembered long after Yeezus. After doing the rounds, fling your gear onto a felucca for the next life-changing chapter.
Day 5 Felucca Sailing.
Sail down Egypt's ancient trading highway, where chilling out and eating traditional Nubian dishes is the order of the day.
Day 6 Felucca Sailing to Luxor.
A chance to lose yourself in Luxor's 200-acre sprawl of ridiculously opulent temples, tombs and mummified crocodiles? Yep, for real.
Day 7 Luxor to Cairo.
Watch your step on a guided tour of the Valley of the Kings. With 50 new mummies discovered in 2014, who knows what else lies beneath. Tick 'em off: Temple of Hatshepsut and Colossi of Memnon.
Day 8 Cairo.
Back in the Big Mango, see Christianity's ancient influence in Coptic Cairo, haggle your way through Khan el Khalili market, tour Saqqara Pyramid or just join in a game of backgammon at Fishawi's cafe and keep the mint tea flowing.
Day 9 Cairo to Dahab.
Dahab (meaning gold) has the midas touch for divers, windsurfers and real-world defectors. Y'all ready for this?.
Day 10-13 Dahab.
Wake up to the blinding beauty of Dahab and see why some people call this place the Koh Samui of the Middle East. Coral reefs, turquoise water and Bedouin-style cafes lining the sand = absolutely #nofilter necessary. When you get bored of sun, swimming and snorkelling, slap on some sunscreen and make your way to the top of Mt Sinai for a tequila holy sunrise and mingle with the monks at St Catherine's Monastery, where history can be traced back 17 centuries. Then, saddle up for a camel ride or sate your inner Indiana Jones exploring the desert by a more mechanical steed (aka quad bike). After four Days here the only thing you'll wish for is at least four more.
Day 14 Dahab to Cairo.
Commit the scene of Dahab to your memory bank as we carry your salt-soaked bones back to Cairo.
Day 15 Cairo.
All good things must come to an end. Even that bowl of kushari. Don't cry, it's only hot sauce And you're in the best position to keep on exploring. Peace out after breakfast.
Top 10 cities for youth travel in 2017
We’ve taken a look at the stats, explored all the lands and have now chosen ten cities emerging in popularity among Student Flights travellers that we predict to keep growing in 2017.
Cross checking a number of different sources from air ticket purchases to accommodation bookings and...
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twim share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..