Essential Egypt, 8 Days, SAVE $245*
What you get...
On the bucket list:.
- Egyptology tours at major sites (entrance fees not included)* Pyramids & Sphinx at Giza Plateau Egyptian Museum Temples of Abu Simbel Temples of Luxor & Karnak Valley of the Kings & Temple of Hatshepsut Nubian village visit
- 4 nights accommodation in 4-star Hotels (Twin Share).
- 1 night accommodation in a 3-star Hotel (Twin Share).
- 2 nights accommodation on board an overnight Coach.
- 7 breakfasts.
- Services of an awesome English-speaking Trip Leader.
- Transport in an air-conditioned minibus.
- Arrival transfer from the airport to hotel.
- WAS $1225*, NOW $980*, SAVE $245*.
Cairo - Aswan - Luxor
Day 1 Cairo.
Slip into the rhythm of 6.76 million bodies, join in a game of backgammon and find out why the Egyptians call this place Umm al-Dunya or 'the mother of the world'. Just make sure to rock up in time for tonight's welcome meeting.
Day 2 Cairo to Aswan.
There's old, and then there's the necropolis of Saqqara. Soak up some ancient history, meander Coptic Cairo and get your haggle on in Khan el-Khalili market. Refuel with a mint tea or keep exploring.
Day 3 Aswan.
Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Lord Byron...They've all done it. Go low tech with a ride on a felucca sailboat down the Nile. Switch to a motor boat to take in views of the Mausoleum of Aga Khan and Tombs of the Nobles before we jump ship at a Nubian village.
Day 4 Aswan.
Kanye may lyricise that he is a god, but the great Pharaoh Ramesses II apparently bedded 1000 woman and fathered 90 children in his time. His four colossal statues at Abu Simbel are probably what Kanye has in mind when he looks in the mirror each morning. Yeezus Visit the Temple of Hathor - built in honour of his wife, Queen Nefertari - then drink in the magic of the Nile at sunset.
Day 5 Aswan to Luxor.
G.L.A.M.O.R.O.U.S. ToDay we're travelling first class (in an air-conditioned mini bus) to Karnak for a touch of Luxor. Once the capital of ancient Egypt, it's now a history-strewn landscape of souks and temples.
Day 6 Luxor to Cairo.
Walk into the Valley of the Kings - aka the place everyone in ancient Egypt was dying to get into, then fly the flag for girl power at the temple of Queen Hatshepsut before gawking at the Colossi of Memnon.
Day 7 Cairo.
Walk like an Egyptian into King Tutankhamun's treasure chest at the Egyptian Museum - home to over 160,00 relics - then gain some perspective at the base of the 138-metre Great Pyramid of Giza. This hunk of ancient architecture could be remodelled into 30 Empire State Buildings. The Sphinx is its big-ass guard dog (or should that be lionman?).
Day 8 Cairo.
The trip ends here (well, breakfast first), but pop on that fedora and keep on exploring, Indy. New York may tout itself as the city that never sleeps but it's got nothin' on the Big Mango.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twim share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..