CONDITIONS OF ENTRY - “STUDENT FLIGHTS CONTIKI EUROPEAN DISCOVERY COMPETITION”
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each entrant.
2. Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18-35 years who enter the promotion in the required manner.
3. Employees of Flight Centre Limited and Contiki and their immediate families are not permitted to enter.
Duration of Promotional Period
4. The competition commences at 9:00am AEST Tuesday 1st March 2016.
5. The competition closes at 11.59pm AEST Thursday 31st March 2016.
How to Enter
6. Eligible entrants can enter the promotion in any of the following ways:
a. Persons must go to www.facebook.com/studentflightsAU and enter the competition by completing the online entry form for this promotion and ticking the box to become a Student Flights subscriber of hot offers. Entry is via the ‘Student Flights – Contiki European Discovery ’ Facebook application.
b. Persons must go to www.studentflights.com.au/promos/contiki and enter the competition by completing the online entry form for this promotion and ticking the box to be subscribed to Student Flights hot offers. Entry is via the ‘Student Flights – Contiki European Discovery’ competition page.
This will result in a maximum of one (1) “primary entry”.
7. In order to complete a valid entry form and subscribe to Student Flights hot offers, eligible entrants will be required to provide their full name, current and valid email address, state, postcode, date of birth and mobile number. Eligible entrants must remain subscribed for the duration of the ‘Promotional Period’.
8. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, illegible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the promotional period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
9. Any costs associated with accessing the Promotional Websites remain the responsibility of each entrant and are dependent on the Internet Service Provider used.
10. The competition will be drawn at random using an electronic drawing method.
11. There will be one (1) draw which will generate one (1) Major Prize Winner at random from all eligible entries received.
12. The major prize draw will take place at 2:00pm AEST Friday 1st April 2016 at Flight Centre Head Office, Level 2, 545 Queen Street, Brisbane QLD 4000.
13. The Major Prize Winner will be notified by phone and email by 4:00pm AEST AEST Friday 1st April 2016 and the result will be published on www.studentflights.com.au by 5:00pm AEST AEST Friday 1st April 2016.
14. The Major Prize Winner has until 5:00pm AEST Friday 1st July, 2016 to claim the prize. Although every effort will be made to contact the prize winners, should an unclaimed prize draw be necessary, the draw will be held at 10:00am AEST Monday 4th July 2016 at Flight Centre Head Office, Level 2, 545 Queen Street, Brisbane QLD 4000.
15. The Prize Winner of any unclaimed prize draw will be notified by phone and email by 12:00pm AEST AEST Monday 4th July 2016 and the result will be published on www.studentflights.com.au by 5:00pm AEST Monday 4th July 2016
16. There will be one (1) Major Prize consisting of all the following components:
• 2 x return economy flights to London valued at up to $2100 AUD each ($4100 AUD total).
• Winner and their travel companion must comply with Condition 2.
• Return economy class airfares for two (2) adults departing from the Australian capital city airport closest to the ordinary residential address of the winner, arriving to and departing from London, UK.
• Valid for travel between 4th August 2016 – 21st March 2017.
• All travel must be booked prior to the departure date by a Student Flights consultant. The airline, departure and return dates will be booked and determined at the discretion of Student Flights based on availability.
• Prize is not refundable, transferable nor redeemable for cash, credit or foreign exchange.
• Airline or status credits do not apply to these tickets.
a. 2 x 12 day Contiki European Discovery trips valued at up to $2789 AUD each (up to AUD $5578 total), departing London
• Winner and their travel companion must comply with Condition 2
• Prize is for two (2) seats on the Europe Express trip departing London between 4th April 2016 – 21st March 2017.
• Prize is not refundable, transferrable nor redeemable for cash, credit or foreign exchange.
• If the specific trip is not taken in valid redemption period, then the prize will be forfeited and no replacement prize will be granted.
• Travel insurance is compulsory to participate in this trip and can be arranged prior to departure by the winner and their travel companion with their Student Flights consultant
• Contiki trip inclusions and conditions are as follows:
o Trip is valid for travellers aged 18 – 35 years inclusive.
o 11 nights twin or triple-share hotel accommodation stopping in London, Amsterdam, Rhine Valley, Munich, Austrian Tyrol, Venice, Rome, Florence, Lucerne and Paris.
o 11 continental breakfasts, 5 three-course dinners
o English channel ferry crossings
o Modern air-conditioned coach
o Guided tours of all major cities
o Hotel tips, local taxes & service charges
o Prize does not include optional activities, airport transfers, travel insurance, visas and passports or pre & post accommodation.
Obtaining time off work/and or study to participate in the prize is the winner and their travel companion’s sole responsibility.
TOTAL PRIZE VALUE UP TO $9,678 AUD
17. The following are not included as part of the prizes: all other out of pocket expenses including travel insurance, additional meals, beverages, laundry services, spending money, transfers, optional excursions, tipping, passports, visas and all other ancillary costs not expressly provided, as well as the costs of obtaining any of these. These are the responsibility of the Prize Winner and their travel companion.
18. Winners must take the prizes as offered. Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, credit or foreign exchange and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion. Negotiation with Student Flights will not be entered into.
19. The prizes and booking of the prizes are subject to the standard booking terms and conditions of Student Flights available via the website: www.studentflights.com.au
20. Any passes and tickets issued as part of the prize are subject to prevailing terms and conditions of use and any tickets or passes are only valid for use within the stated duration on the passes or tickets issued or the duration of the chosen prize, whichever is earlier.
21. The Prize Winner consents to the use of their name, suburb of residence and image for promotional and marketing purposes.
22. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for: inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information; purported entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, sent with insufficient postage (where entry is by post), or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions; any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software; the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; unauthorised human intervention in any part of the competition; electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition; any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a prize winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a winner; or any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
23. Neither the Promoter nor the operators of the Event will be liable for personal injury suffered during prize winnings.
24. This condition does not affect, and is not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its servant or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the prize supplied again.
25. When competition entrants subscribe to receiving Student Flights hot offers and are agreeing to receive marketing material from Flight Centre Limited trading as Student Flights. In the event that entrants decide to opt out of receiving information on promotions, services and market research provided by Flight Centre Limited trading as Student Flights they can email firstname.lastname@example.org
This promotion is authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/16/01004, SA Permit No T16/223 and ACT TP 16/00247