Layby your flights
That’s right, Student Flights knows what's up, now offering you the magical possibility of layby for flights. So that flight to Europe you’ve been obsessing over – you can now lock it in at that awesome price you saw it, and pay later!
Cut up your credit card, put the pen down on that personal loan application, and forget owing the ‘rents for a lifetime. Take charge of your travel destiny with the Student Flights layby option and lock in your flights for a cool $100 deposit.
How it works:
- $100 non-refundable deposit
- Valid when booked for flights more than 60 days from the departure date
- Valid on eligible Black Market Flights from Etihad Airways, Virgin Australia, Air New Zealand, Malaysian Airlines & Qatar Airways.
- Dates can be changed, however normal change fees will apply
International Layby Terms and Conditions
- Valid for new bookings only.
- Layby is only available for Black Market Flights with Etihad Airways, Virgin Australia, Air New Zealand, Malaysian Airlines & Qatar Airways in accordance with the following conditions:
- travel must originate in (i.e. depart from) Australia; and
- not available for inbound travel to Australia.
- Customer must pay Student Flights AUD100 deposit to upon entering into the layby agreement. The price of the flight is guaranteed upon receipt of the deposit.
- Deposit is non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another booking
- Once the deposit is paid, any requested changes to the itinerary (eg. dates, times, routes, departures, names) will incur loss of AUD100 deposit (‘Termination Fee’). The Termination Fee includes the airline carrier’s change fees and our ticketing costs. The Termination Fee represents our reasonable costs if the layby agreement is cancelled and will be recoverable by customer as a debt due and payable to Student Flights.
- Full payment will be due 60 days prior to scheduled departure.
- Failure to meet the final payment deadline will result in the booking being cancelled and reservations returned to the airline. If a customer wants to re-book (i.e. create a new booking), new booking will be subject to the revised (i.e. current) ticket cost and associated services available via the specific airline carrier outlined above. Original ticket prices cannot be guaranteed.