Great Ocean Road Adventure ex Adelaide
What you get...
- Learn about local Aboriginal lore in the Grampians National Park
Be treated to exceptional views of Loch Ard Gorge and London Bridge
Travel the length of the Great Ocean Road
Spot koalas high in gumtrees along the way
Breakfasts Included: 1
Dinners Included: 1
Hostel (1 nt)
Age: min 8
Group Size: 1 - 24
Mackenzie Falls - Grampians
Reeds Lookout (The Balconies) & Boroka Lookout
Loch Ard Gorge
Koala spotting - Great Ocean Road
1 Adelaide to The Grampians
Leaving Adelaide in the morning, drive across the state border into Victoria and enter the Grampians. Go for a walk to view the Jaws of Death, hike down to McKenzie Falls and take in the incredible views from Reeds Lookout. Gain an insight into the customs of the land's traditional owners during a stop-in at the Brambuck Cultural Centre, then head into the heart of the Grampians, stopping en route for lunch. The last stop of the day will be a spot in the Grampians National Park where kangaroos, wallabies and koalas are often spotted. Tonight's accommodation is at either Brambuk Backpackers or the Grampians YHA. Note: Total driving time today is about seven and a half hours (approximately 550kms) Total walking time will be about two and a half hours (approximately 3.5kms)
2 The Grampians to Melbourne
After an early morning start, begin the journey along Australia's glorious Great Ocean Road. Explore Port Campbell National Park, checking out London Bridge, Loch Ard Gorge and the iconic Twelve Apostles rock formation, then sit back and soak up the mesmerising coastal views en route. Experience a guided walk through an ancient and rare temperate rainforest. Stop at Kennett River for the chance to spot koalas before passing through the charming beach towns of Apollo Bay and Lorne. Make the most of a great photo opportunity at some famed surf locations before we stop for a beach walk and then hit the highway back to Melbourne. Note: Total driving time today is about seven and a half hours (approximately 550kms) Total walking time will be about two hours (approximately 2kms)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 May 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Apres ski: What to do after dark in Queenstown
It’s the snow and the slopes that draw revellers to Queenstown every winter, but it’s the apres ski action that keeps them coming back. Here’s a guide to Queenstown after dark. And if this makes you hungry to head over, we’ve got the deal for you! Check out our NZ Winter deals – we’ve got flights...