Orangutan & Tribes of Borneo Tour, 13 nights
What you get...
- 13 nights of Shared Accommodation.
- All meals.
- Project donation.
- Arrival orientation briefing.
- Pre-departure helpdesk, local in-country team and 24hr emergency support.
- English speaking guide.
- Return airport transfers.
This incredible adventure tour of Sarawak provides an in-depth opportunity to spend time with the iconic and indigenous residents of Borneo, both human and ape. We spend 2 days at award winning Matang Wildlife Centre where you'll tour the centre, meeting the orangutans, sunbears, macaques and other animals who call Matang home; you'll learn about the vital function of Matang and join the volunteer team in food preparation and the creation of vital enrichment. A visit to Semengoh rehabilitation centre allows you to see released orangutans living in the semi-wild, swinging gloriously free in this large tract of native rainforest. And in Batang Ai National Park, we stay deep in the rainforest as guests of the Iban tribe; and in addition to learning all about their traditions and jungle life, here there is a chance to spot a truly wild orangutan on one of our daily treks deep into the jungle. We spend 2 nights with the Bidayu people, sleeping in a traditional bamboo longhouse and enjoy an unforgettable bamboo rafting trip on the river, then another 2 nights in a Malay beach village with opportunities to see turtles, gibbons, flying lemurs; and beautiful corals and fish life snorkelling off the beach. And no visit to Sarawak is complete without a day hiking in spectacular Bako National Park, home to beautiful secluded beaches and an incredible array of wildlife including the famous proboscis monkey, slow loris, tarsier and much more. Wildlife lovers and those interested in exploring off the beaten track will love this adventure in the rainforests of Borneo.
4 travel videos that will put New Zealand on the top of your bucket list
With some of the world’s best ski fields, adventure activities, scenery, food and nightlife, New Zealand will tick all of your wanderlust boxes and more. Get swept up in the magic (and accent) of New Zealand’s North Island, home to the country’s largest city, Auckland. A great starting point for...
Guides to help you along
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 December 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, ""resort fees"", ""national park fees"", ""trip kitties"" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..