Taste of Tanzania, 7 Days, SAVE $245*
What you get...
- 7 day tour departing Arusha.
- 6 nights accommodation including one night in a hotel, one night in and African lodge, two nights Contiki special stopover and one night in a luxury safari tent.
- 6 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners.
- Included activities as per itinerary.
- Services of a professional tourguide.
- Transport as per itinerary.
Arusha - Tarangire - Serengeti - Ngorogoro Crater
Day 1 Arusha.
Touch down in Africa at Kilimajaro Airport and jump straight on the transfer to Arusha. You'll be greeted by a Contiki rep, who will deliver you to your hotel to drop off your bags and meet your crew. Your Trip Manager will run through the plan for the ultimate 7 days of African adventure ahead of you.
Day 2-3 Tarangire.
Meet your local guides and jump into the safari vehicles. After we reach our lodge, we depart for our first game drive in Tarangire National Park, famous for its giant Baobab trees and herds of elephant. Next morning, an early start will give us a full day back in the park, in the hopes for a glimpse of its elusive predators and changing landscapes.
Day 4-5 Serengeti.
After breakfast we'll enjoy incredible valley & crater views as we drive toward and through the endless vast plains of the Serengeti. Tonight our accommodation will either be a safari-style lodge, or camping under the stars of the African sky. On Day 5 we spend a full day seeking out the wildlife of Africa's plains, including wildebeest and zebra.
Day 6 Ngorogoro Crater.
Enjoy some breakfast before we depart the Serengeti with a morning game drive on our way back to Ngorogoro Crater: an ancient volcano, boasting one of the highest densities of predators stalking the abundant wildlife enclosed inside the volcano's centre. A true natural wonder, only found in Africa.
Day 7 Arusha.
It's your last chance to do some souvenir shopping this morning, before we enjoy a final spectacular view of the Rift Valley on our way back to Arusha. With full hearts and memories made, it's time to say fond farewells to your new lifelong friends, and to our African adventure.
Photo journal: The world through my fingers
We're happy to present this creative and inspiring photo essay from journalist and internet entrepreneur Rafat Ali. He spent more than a year globetrotting, searching for isolated places off the beaten path. This series highlights images taken through a particular frame of reference: his fingers....
Guides to help you along
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 Jan 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- [ADD IN EXTRA TOUR RESTRICTIONS/FAMILY RESTRICTIONS].
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..