Winter Wonder, 14 Days
What you get...
- 14 Day trip departing London
- 13 nights accommodation in Hotels (twin-share or double).
- 13 Breakfasts & 5 Dinners.
- English Channel ferry tickets.
- Modern air-conditioned coach with FREE Wi-Fi.
- Guided tours of all major cities.
- Services of an awesome Trip Leader + Driver.
- WAS $3269*, NOW $2942*, SAVE $327*.
London - Paris - Swiss Alps - Florence - Rome - Venice - Salzburg - Heidelberg - Amsterdam
Day 1 London to Paris.
Leave London for dust as we jump over the English Channel to France for a beauty smackdown. Brush up on your bonjours when you meet the rest of the group and wrap your lips around your first real French meal at our included dinner. See the City of Light at its best on a driving tour and play landmark bingo with the Eiffel Tower, the Champs elysees and the Arc de Triomphe.
Day 2 Paris.
A free day in Paris to get involved with pastries, paintings and the Centre Pompidou. Bike along the Seine on an optional tour or just flaner (stroll) around and drink it in. Check out L'eclair de Genie in le Marais (don't ask questions), get your obligatory Eiffel Tower #selfie then explore the world's largest grave at the Catacombs. Tonight, experience the razzle dazzle of a cabaret show or hop on a boat down the river to crank the romance dial to 11.
Day 3:Paris to Swiss Alps.
Tear yourself away from that baguette - fondue awaits The vistas out your window today are gorgeous. Unlike the Toblerone box, the Swiss Alps aren't all lined up perfectly, so we weave up through the breathtaking valleys and peaks to reach our destination.
Day 4 Swiss Alps.
Wake up, eat hearty then go Stallone all over the Alps. Or just settle in with some Gluhwein. If you get a second wind, jump on the revolving gondola to the top of Mount Titlis and test your pano photo skills. Then head back down for some snow angels and hot chocolate.
Day 5 Swiss Alps to Florence.
Yodel your way down the mountains and into the land of hearty Tuscan cuisine and the birthplace of gelato: Florence. Then, the evening is yours to stroll along the real-life watercolour of the Arno River, wishing you were a painter. Enjoy
Day 6 Florence to Rome.
Get schooled on the Medici family, stroll the Ponte Vecchio and learn about leather (new handbag, anyone?) on a morning walking tour. Then we're Romeward bound for a rendezvous with ancient architecture's biggest players. Make like Caesar (the emperor, not the salad) and work up a colossus hunger as you pass by the Pantheon, throw your two cents in the Trevi Fountain and sit on the Spanish Steps. Tonight, you're in Disneyland for foodies. Have fun.
Day 7 Rome.
Create the ultimate Roman Holiday in one day with a whirlwind of Vespas, espresso, two-cheek kisses and pizza the way it's supposed to taste. Pop in on the Pope on an optional tour of the Vatican City, then play I spy with two-and-a-half millennia worth of history. Shop 'til you drop on Via Condotti, head to Capitoline Hill for awesome views of the Roman Forum and Colosseum or just kick back in Piazza Navona for some dolce far niente (delicious idleness).
Day 8 Rome to Venice.
Snap a selfie at Juliet's famous balcony in Verona and join throngs of lovers leaving notes on the wall (or avoid the crowds and just marvel at the ancient arena). Say ciao to Venice from across the lagoon as we check into our hotel and tuck into a yummy dinner together.
Day 9 Venice.
100+ slowly sinking islands won't explore themselves. Get your bearings on this morning's walking tour before an action packed day. Soak up St Mark's Square and get ready for a quintessential gondola ride on the Grand Canal. Corny smooching not included. This afternoon, snoop the Doge's Palace, cross Rialto Bridge and shop for Carnevale masks. There's so much going on here. Did we mention it's beautiful?
Day 10 Venice to Salzburg.
Today, it's off to Mozart's birthplace: Salzburg. Enjoy a walking tour of his birthplace and then play I spy with Salzburg Castle overlooking the city. There's lots to explore here, so hop to it
Day 11 Salzburg to Heidelberg.
Picture the definition of pretty and you've got Heidelberg. Have a one day romantic affair with the city that will capture your heart with its charm. We're talking hilltop castle ruins, cobblestone quarters and a fairytale 18th century bridge crossing the River Neckar. Feast German style before taste-testing steins from the local beer houses.
Day 12 Heidelberg to Amsterdam.
Amster-DAM it's going to be a good day Get your bearings on a walking tour of the vibrant capital and see the Dam Square, Royal Palace and National Monument. And that's just for starters.
Day 13 Amsterdam.
Get on your bike and ride Do as the locals do and join the 881,000 bicycles on an optional city bike tour to soak up the wintery canal vistas before retreating with hot chocolate, poffertjes and stroopwafels. Take on the city's 51 museums (must-dos: Van Gogh Museum and the Anne Frank House). Still thirsty for more? Check out the Heineken Experience for an interactive visit and tasting at the brewery. Top it off with a dinner cruise on the canal tonight with the gang.
Day 14 Amsterdam to London.
Today it's back on the ferry as we journey back to London. Start planning the next adventure. Facebook friends?
Epic spots to soak up the summer by the water in Europe
Off to Europe this summer? When the temps get sizzling, the water is the only place you need to be. Beaches, beach clubs, lakes and lagoons… Europe is full of them. So here’s a list of all the best waterside gems in Europe to hit up. Ready to live your best life in Europe? Check out our amazing...
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Book and Pay in Full by 30 April 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share or multi share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..