Uluru Explorer, 4 Days
What you get...
- 4 day trip departing Uluru.
- 3 nights stay lodge accomodation.
- 2 breakfasts and 1 dinner.
- Toast Uluru at sunset with drinks & nibbles.
- Indulge in a BBQ 'Big Brekkie'.
- Day trip to Kings Canyon.
- BBQ Dinner.
- Sunrise at The Rock followed by The Olgas (Kata Tjuta) and the Valley of the Winds/Walpa Gorge.
Day 1 Uluru.
Arrive into Uluru and meet up with your group to kick off what promises to be an unforgettable few days in Australia's Outback. Settle in or chill by the pool, ready for a few days of exploring this jaw-dropping destination. Before your head hits the pillow, we'll make our acquaintance with The Rock, glass of bubbles in hand and the sunset casting a glow over the Outback's most picturesque backdrop.
Day 2 Uluru.
Grab your sneakers, camera and your sense of adventure - it's time for a day trip! Your guided hike around the imposing King's Canyon awaits. Wonder at the lunar-like landscape as you hike through the canyon and take respite from the sun in the shady space at the bottom of the climb, The Garden of Eden. It's as idyllic and mythical as it sounds and is home to its own unique ecosystem in this barren landscape.
Day 3 Uluru.
After a comfy night's sleep it's time to get out and about and explore the majesty of Uluru. And what better way to start the day than witnessing the rock bathed in the golden glow of an Australian sunrise? First discovered by Europeans on 18 July, 1873, and a major sacred site for the local aboriginal tribe, this imposing rock is actually a staggering 700 million years old. We'll then get right into the heart of the Kata Tjuta National Park with a hike to the Walpa Gorge and Valley of the Winds, where boulders bigger than skyscrapers dominate the landscape then marvel at the lesser known but no less impressive rock formation of the Olgas, or Kata Tjuta as it's known to the locals. This afternoon you'll have a chance to try out your skills by taking an optional Segway tour around Uluru. You could also check out the landscape from the clouds with a scenic flight and maybe kick it with camels for your final evening in the Outback, complete with a cold beer in hand.
Day 4 Uluru.
This morning we'll say our sad farewells to our Contiki family. Australia, it's been real. We may shed a tear, but we'll never forget what we've experienced together in this spectacular land. And just remember, it's not goodbye, just see you soon.
The Whitsundays are where it's at
If you’re looking for an Aussie Adventure, the East Coast has its fair share of ridiculously beautiful beaches and special nature spots. When it comes to Queensland, they don’t call it beautiful one day, perfect the next for no reason. Jettison yourself (or sit back, relax and take a tour) north to...
Guides to help you along
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 April 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..