Berlin to Budapest, 13 Days, SAVE $610*
What you get...
- 13 Day trip departing Berlin.
- 12 Nights in twin-share hotel accommodation.
- 12 Breakfasts & 4 Dinners.
- Sightseeing as per itinerary.
- WAS $3050*, NOW $2440*, SAVE $610*.
Berlin - Prague - Krakow - Budapest
Day 1 Berlin.
Ready and raring for a banquet of cultural travel, we'll round up in Germany's chic capital. With more museums than rainy days per year, Berlin is a place worth knowing about. We'll introduce its inner workings with an Alternative Berlin Tour, uncovering its many facets & elusive underground.
Day 2 Berlin.
Today we can cruise Berlin the vintage way, taking a tour in the official cars of the DDR. When hunger strikes, the carnivores could spend some time differentiating bockwurst from kinderwurst from fleischwurst. Meanwhile the more vegan inclined could sample a jackfruit burger or cashew bolognese at the solar powered organic hotel of Amaranth.
Day 3 Berlin.
If yesterday's independent food roamings whet the appetite for something more substantial, then todays offer of a progressive food tour should provide ample satisfaction. Later you could let kilos settle by sipping tea in a palace at the Tajik Tearoom, or by walking the abandoned building of Museumswohnung museum where you can see remnants of the communist era.
Day 4 Berlin to Prague.
This morning we leave our beloved German culture hub, trading it in for the rapidly evolving capital of the Czech Republic. Before we take a look at progressive Prague & modern day Czech life, we'll cast minds back to some of Europes darkest days with a stop at Terezin Concentration Camp. With our sombre stop behind us we'll journey forwards arriving in the famously pretty city of Prague. With fairy-tale streets meeting hipster hangouts and graffiti, it's not hard to understand the current allure of this beguiling city.
Day 5 Prague.
The history of Czech beer supposedly dates back to the year 993, when brewing took place in a monastery. With such cultural significance & historical roots, it seems only manners to do some Czech beer tasting. We will also have the option to take on the city by pushbike, allowing us to navigate narrow alleys & quaint corners otherwise forgotten.
Day 6 Prague.
Today we can take a trip to the UNESCO town of Kutna Hora, where gothic architecture, human bone chandeliers, & a silver mining history can be found. Staying city side, you could catch the tram to outer neighbourhoods like Vrsovice, where you'll realise Prague's panache is best found beyond the Old Town. Here you'll see the city's transformation from seemingly abandoned to abounding in style, with great coffee haunts & streets lined with communal pianos.
Day 7 Prague to Krakow.
If you picked up any Czech we'll be saying our 'ahoj' this morning, as we leave Prague and make our way into Poland. After sliding due east and crossing the Czech / Poland border, we'll pass through pretty towns like Katowice before hitting the brakes in Krakow. Arriving in the artistic capital of Poland, we'll find a city of cherry trees & history & beauty. With gardens aplenty and a population of less than a million, it will be easy to feel at home here by the Vistula River. To settle in we'll visit Wieliczka Salt Mine, where we can see chapels carved out of rock salt.
Day 8 Krakow.
In a town where unassuming 14th century cobbled lanes can spit you onto a sprawling Romanesque castle, seeing as much as possible with the aid of a bike should be mandatory. Also on offer today will be a trip to Schindler's Factory, where Nazi occupation of Krakow can be understood. Those keen to sneak a drink or two could visit a lush & local beer garden like Mleczarnia.
Day 9 Krakow.
Tonight we have the chance to craft our very own traditional boiled dumplings known as pierogi, which means today we should hit the streets and clock up some walking. Whether its designer boutiques showcasing many Polish designers, or visiting the Jewish district of Kazimierz there is plenty to see and do in this charming town.
Day 10 Krakow to Budapest.
Feeling well versed on all things Poland, we'll hit the streets in search of the capital of Hungary, where we get two cities for the price of one; this beauty is split by the River Danube. Making our way south we'll slice through Slovakia, ogling at dreamy hill towns like Zvolen. We'll then cross the border & pass Duna-Ipoly National Park, soon finding our final destination. Having found our nest, the delightful Budapest, we'll kick back with a soul soothing spa visit. Thermal bathing has been tradition in these parts for hundreds of years - being culturally immersive has never been so indulgent.
Day 11 Budapest.
Today we can tap into the tingles with a safe house experience, then tackle the city with a past & present tour. Those doing their own thing could venture to District VII of Elizabeth Town, finding gritty pubs & graffiti walls covering the traditional Jewish quarter. If the night hours need honouring, we can head recovered derelict Eighth District of Jozsefvaros, where we'll find basement bars & live music venues amidst the cafes & vintage shops.
Day 12 Budapest.
With an evening of traditional dining & cooking ahead of us, this city will prove itself a culinary hotspot. Work it all off with a bout of exploring, or for those about to pop you can drift up Castle Hill by historic funicular.
Day 13 Budapest.
Today marks the sob worthy conclusion of our time going deep on Europe's most budding cultural cities. With a newfound appreciation for the less travelled spots, we'll say goodbye & make plans for our next worldly ventures.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 May 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
Best Places To Live Your Best Life
We know you’ve got a ‘Dream Destinations’ collection on your Insta, and if you’re anything like us—a pinterest page and a mood board or two, too! Check out our #livingyourbestlife travel list below and see if your dream destinations, things to do, eat and see line up with some of ours! To help you...