Sol Seeker, 13 Days, SAVE $363*
What you get...
- 13 Day trip departing Mexico City.
- 12 Nights accommodation in a hotel.
- 12 Breakfasts and 5 Dinners.
- Sightseeing as per itinerary.
- Services of an experienced Trip Leader/Manager.
- Internal Flight from Mexico City to Merida.
- WAS $3999*, NOW $3636*, SAVE $363*.
Mexico City - Merida - Cancun - Playa del Carmen - Caye Caulker - Tikal National Park - Tikal - Antigua
Day 1 Mexico City.
It's a busy one today, travelers. Archaeological city Teotihuacan, pyramids and Aztec temples are the focus for this leg of your journey. As you go, local guides will kindly impart their extensive knowledge on many interesting topics so you're in the know on anything and everything here. Tonight, re-fuel with city eats like enchiladas, tamales, tacos and even head out and get a little loco. And if you happen to be here at the right time, you might even get to experience Lucha Libre, Mexican wrestling!
Day 2 Mexico City to Merida.
Now you bid farewell to Mexico City before the finale of the trip where you will meet again. You've seen and learnt a lot, but now it is time for a change of scenery and pace - a an included flight out to the white stone city of Merida is on the cards. Soft and beautiful, Merida will take you in its arms and show you the quieter side of Mexico. A walking tour will show off this small town's gorgeous atmosphere, it won't take you long to feel right at home once you reach the old town. You'll have some free time to explore the bustling markets, where you will find many treasures to take home. Later, ask your Trip Manager for the best place to head to feast or Yucatan specialities that will delight the tastebuds, before no-doubt dalling into blissful slumber.
Day 3 Merida to Cancun.
Pack up your swag of Mexican trinkets and say goodbye to the calm oasis of Merida and hello yet another incredible UNESCO World Heritage-listed site, Chichen Itza. These ancient ruins are the most famous and best preserved of their kind in Mayan history. These iconic ruins are one of the big ticks of this country, and a true sight to behold. With our Local Guide leading the charge, Chichen Itza will provoke questions about the Mayan calendar, the positioning of the sun, the connections of the ruins around the country, and the worlds that came before us - a truly special spot on the trip and a history buff's delight. With more knowledge than you can handle, it's time for a change of scene, and a dip in an Instagram worthy cenote. These underground lakes or waterholes are are refreshing, lush, foliage covered and a much needed break from the sunshine. In stark contrast, next up is Mexico's super resort - Cancun. With high energy party vibes oozing from its pores, this stop is a no brainer when it comes to getting involved in the nightlife. One suggestion for tonight is dinner at the Mercado 28, a busy market serving true Mexican delights before heading out to get your P-A-R-T-Y on.
Day 4 Cancun.
Just incase you don't know the drill by now, an ice cold cerveza should remind you that Cancun is a hub of wonderful entertainment. Feel like taking things further afield? A day trip to Playa del Carmen could be just the ticket. White sand beaches, snorkelling, colourful cafes lining the streets and classic locals and shopping will see you living the good life and playing local in paradise. The legendary nightlife will certainly whip up yet another storm of dancing and live music back in Cancun tonight, so go on, get out there tonight and hit the dancefloor with the squad. Your Trip Manager knows this party like the back of their hand, your guarantee to be the know on all the best spots to head.
Day 5 Cancun.
Fun is the name of the game today in this stunning white sand beach spot. Thrillseekers could take a trip to some hidden waters deep in the tropical jungle. A bit of rural island hopping, zipling a stint at Garrafon Natural Reef Park, a visit to some ancient Mayan ruins and finally some more swimming is all on offer. Explore the offshore coral reefs and caves while the sunshine ripples through the crystal clear water. Then back to Cancun where seafood by the seashore is on the menu for a fabulous open-air sunset dinner with the crew.
Day 6 Cancun to Playa del Carmen.
Get ready for your next adventure this morning as we're heading to the beautiful shores of Playa del Carmen. A bit of retail therapy never hurt anyone, so how about a stroll down Paseo del Carmen shopping centre to spend some pesos? You'll fall head over heels for this sun-kissed seashore town. For the food addicts amongst you, a plethora of seaside bars and restaurants are here to blow your mind with their delicious cocktails and local recipes.
Day 7 Playa del Carmen to Caye Caulker.
Can't get enough of Playa del Carmen? We thought so! So how about adding something extra to your Mexican extravaganza by experiencing the Caribbean in all its tropical glory? Snorkelling is on the menu for those who want to see the world from an 'underwater' angle. Mexico, you've stolen a slice of our hearts forever but with Belize & the Caribbean Island of Caye Caulker on the horizon, we're not feeling too sad...
Day 8 Caye Caulker.
Rub your eyes, blink again, and say hello to the palm-fringed paradise where life moves at a slower pace. With fresh seafood, sparkling waters and a unique Creole atomosphere, Caye Caulker's soft sands and soft reggae sounds can only be topped by its outstanding Wolrd Heritage Barrier Reef and Mangrove kayaking opportunities. Time to sample some seafood and get down to some reggae rhythms.
Day 9 Caye Caulker.
You'll need a big breakfast today because you're free to do whatever you want, which could mean a whole lot of exploring! Belize has a spectacular Barrier Reef that is just begging to be discovered, so grab a snorkel and get out there. Back on land, its all about sandy streets flanked by palm trees and dotted with cafes and bars lined with colourful hammocks, painted tables and the most laid back vibes we know. In the evening we'll take a romantic venture towards the horizon with a spot of dreamy sunset sailing. This is the life.
Day 10 Caye Caulker to Tikal National Park.
Water taxis will transport you back to the mainland across the glorious underwater playground you've become so well acquainted with over the last few days. It's time to head to Belize for exploring glorious Guatemala. It's a super swift passing by of the beloved Belize City before we take to the road to journey across the border into yet another stunning country, this time, Guatemala. Say hello to the Guatemalan jungle! We could just spend our time here enjoying the sights and sounds of the lush tropics, but we won't. Why? 'Cos we've got a whole load of adventures to get through, of course! This afternoon, you'll feel like Indiana Jones or Lara Croft (without the trail of destruction) with included ziplining.
Day 11 Tikal to Antigua.
Rise and shine, today we'll take a locally guided tour of Tikal National Park, with ruin exploring including the Mayan Templo IV. Next it's a trip to the island of Flores, where we'll have lunch and time for shopping before flying this afternoon to Guatemala's capital city and then on to beautiful Antigua. This pretty place has heaps of history to soak up. You will notice colourful rooftop gardens dotted amongst the old buildings and you'll hear the clip clop of the horse drawn carriages that are still a favoured type of transport today. Start with a tour with our guide to learn about colonial buildings, tiny squares, and fountains, ending up with you feeling like a local in no time at all. You'll be glad to know there are two peaceful nights planned here in the old colonial town set right beneath two massive volcanoes.
Day 12 Antigua.
Don your explorers cap today and head off for some ME time, the day is in your hands. Being able to choose your own adventure today could take you up Pacaya Volcano on a guided hike. If you'd rather produce those endorphins by making (and eating) your own chocolate, then that is also a rather delicious option where you'll learn about the process from start to end and take home the results of your efforts. Bike rides, coffee plantations, there's more to do that you can imagine. Guatemalan delights tonight? Yes please. We'll get local over chiles rellanos (or peppers stuffed to the brim with vegetables, meat and sauces). You're sure to hear a collective mmmm.
Day 13 Antigua.
Morning global roamers, we came, we saw, we Samba'd... We'll fuel up on one last breakfast together, then it's time to wipe away the tears and do those final friend requests because today you're homeward bound with firm plans in full steam for a Contiki 2.0 reunion in Asia no-doubt.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
8 tickets to ride Latin America
Dream up a Latin American holiday self-portrait worthy of the great Frida Kahlo … then let it jump out of the canvas to become your next adventure thanks to Contiki’s surreal Latin America tour sale. (Editor's Note: This sale has since ended - check out our latest offers here.) Say cheers/salud/...