Viva Costa Rica, 9 Days, SAVE $187*
What you get...
- 9 Day trip departing San Jose.
- 8 Nights accommodation in a hotel.
- 8 Breakfasts and 4 Dinners.
- Sightseeing as per itinerary.
- Services of an experienced Trip Leader/Manager.
- WAS $1879*, NOW $1692*, SAVE $187*.
San Jose - Arenal - Playa Tamarindo - Monteverde - Jaco - Manuel Antonio
Day 1 San Jose to Arenal.
Hola San Jose! After meeting up with your fellow Costa Rican explorers this morning we'll get straight on the road, bound for the biodiverse beauty of Sarapiqui. Renowned for its fertile lands and gorgeous scenery, we'll stop off here for our first taste of fresh Costa Rican air, not to mention our first dose of adventure for those keen to get a little wet and wild. How to round off the first day of our adventure? How about catching our first glimpse of one of the most incredible volcanoes in Costa Rica, Arenal. This volcano is near perfectly formed and famed for its hot springs and healing properties (hint hint). Dinner tonight will be a group affair in town, already fully bonded after an action packed first day.
Day 2 Arenal.
Rappelling through a rainforest canyon will be the perfect wake up call this morning. Not keen? How about taking advantage of the regions geothermal properties with a visit to the hot springs? This afternoon we'll learn the A-Z of chocolate making, an export Costa Rica is famous for.
Day 3 Arenal to Playa Tamarindo.
Leaving Arenal towering behind us this morning we'll move on for a taste of Costa Rican beach life. Playa Tamarindo has the reputation of being Costa Rica's numero uno surf and party destination, and for good reason. This northern beach town boasts tasty waves and golden sands dotted with lounge bars and awesome restaurants. We'll be staying right by the beach so early morning swims are high on the agenda.
Day 4 Playa Tamarindo.
The bohemian atmosphere of Playa Tamarindo is utterly infectious, and it won't take long to ease into the pace of life here. Spend the day in the water snorkelling or scuba diving amongst the marine life, or stay above the waves and give surfing a try. This afternoon why not take advantage of our catamaran cruise Add-On, another unique way to experience this beautiful ocean paradise.
Day 5 Playa Tamarindo to Monteverde.
It's goodbye to the beach life for now as we pack up our towels and make for the mountains. Feel the clean air filling your lungs as we arrive at the misty forests of Monteverde - a sight guaranteed to take your breath away. This leafy wildlife hotspot is home to butterfly gardens, coffee plantations, countless monkey species and passionate locals who work hard to preserve the balance between nature and tourism.
Day 6 Monteverde.
Yes, yes and yes is what you will most likely be screaming whilst ziplining a 1km line through the treetops. And the adventures don't stop there - like the sound of walking the hanging bridges amongst the lush Monteverde cloud forest, offering prime sloth spotting opportunities? Now you're listening! This afternoon is dedicated to learning about everyone's favourite caffeinated friend - coffee. One of Costa Rica's most famous exports, we'll learn how the plants are cultivated and the entire process of turning delicious little berries into rich coffee beans.
Day 7 Monteverde to Jaco.
With Monteverde in our rearview mirror we'll make our way this morning to Jaco, the gorgeous gateway to some incredible national parks. Beachside Jaco is known for its surfing, nightlife and as leads to some awe-inspiring national parks. If you're feeling adventurous, try some horseback riding, or hop on an ATV. The next morning a day trip to the beautiful Manuel Antonio National Park will see us enjoy a dizzying mix of ancient rainforest, pristine beaches and dazzling coral reefs, before we arrive back at our hotel for some poolside relaxation.
Day 8 Manuel Antonio.
This morning we'll head over to Manuel Antonio, a beautiful national park. Manuel Antonio serves up a dizzying mix of ancient rainforest, pristine beaches and dazzling coral reefs. Get your cameras ready and be on the hunt for wildlife as we walk through this mindboggling hub of biodiversity. Inclusions After a day of exploration this evening we'll arrive back at our hotel for some poolside relaxation.
Day 9 Jaco to San Jose.
After a final adventure op in Jaco (kayaking anyone?) we'll make our way back to San Jose where our trip will come to a close. What an adventure it's been. One thing's for sure, we'll never forget our encounter with paradise.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
10 Top tips for travellers in Central America
Are you planning a Central American adventure and wondering how you can make your hard earned savings go further overseas? We’ve teamed up with Travel Money Oz to share some solid tips on making your holiday cash stash go the extra mile for your trip. First of all, let’s just do a quick around the...