Moroccan Explorer, 10 Days, SAVE $232*
What you get...
- 10 Day trip departing Marrakesh.
On the Bucket List:.
- Entrance fees to all sights in the itinerary.
- Visit the Roman ruins of Volubilis.
- Guided tours of Marrakech, Rabat and Fes.
- Visit Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca.
- Visit the Medina of Fes.
- Stay at a desert camp in the Sahara.
8 Nights accommodation in a hotel.
- 1 Night accommodation in a desert camp.
- 9 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners.
- Awesome English-speaking Trip Leader.
- Arrival transfer from the airport to the hotel.
- Transport by Modern air-conditioned minibus.
- WAS $1549*, NOW $1317*, SAVE $232*.
Marrakesh - Rabat - Fes - Errachidia - Merzouga Desert Camp - Merzouga - Dades Gorge
Day 1 Marrakesh.
Transfer to your hotel, ditch the map, turn off your phone and prepare to lose/find yourself in a maze of mosaics and souks. Welcome to Marrakech! Join the gang at tonight's welcome meeting and get pumped - it's gonna be an amazing ten days.
Day 2 Marrakesh.
Today is all about the city tour. We'll check out the Bahia Palace (think: tiles, tiles and more tiles), see the shimmering Saadian Tombs and wriggle past the snake charmers in bustling Jemaa el-Fnaa square. This place has got it all - street entertainers, henna tattoo artists, musicians and more.
Day 3 Marrakesh to Rabat.
First up today, we'll pay a visit to the Hassan II Mosque - which has the world's largest minaret (with an actual laser beam on top). Then: it's on to the UNESCO World Heritage capital of Rabat for a city tour. Don't forget to paint the town blue in the Kasbah of the Udayas!
Day 4 Rabat to Fes.
Live la dolce vita in Volubilis (or at least get a good idea of what it was like during Roman times) while wandering around some well-preserved ruins. We're talking historic public buildings that date back a whopping 2,000 years, AND some intricate mosaics that have well and truly stood the test of time. Later, we'll take a walk through enchanting Meknes (which was once home to the Moroccan sultanate) before bracing ourselves for all things patterned in Fes.
Day 5 Fes.
Mausoleums, mosques and medinas are on the cards today as we hit the streets on a full-day whip around the city with a local guide. The 9,000 narrow cobbled streets in Fes el-Bali are lined with spices, food stalls and tanneries, so don't just stand there - get exploring! Spot minarets crowning the rooftops, see how many fountains you can count or hunt down a hammam for a body shine and polish. It's a tough life.
Day 6 Fes to Errachidia.
Adjust to the altitude in Alpine-fresh Ifrane, then carve back through cedar forests to Midelt for lunch (not to mention some breathtaking views of the eastern High Atlas). Afterwards, point your compass south - we're off to Errachidia.
Day 7 Errachidia to Merzouga Desert Camp.
Merzouga looks as if it might be engulfed by the red dunes of the Sahara Desert at any moment. Pull up a pool lounger and savour the view before hopping on a camel (if you want to!) and heading out to to our desert camp. Have you ever seen so many stars?
Day 8 Merzouga to Dades Gorge.
Step into your own Roadrunner cartoon today in rock climber's heaven: Todra Gorge. With a 3D landscape of imposing orange sandstone peaks, streams and the odd camel playing outside your window today, the trip to Dades Gorge will seem quicker than a coyote.
Day 9 Dades Gorge to Marrakesh.
Ait Benhaddou is UNESCO World Heritage and 'Desert Hollywood' beauty combined on an old caravan route between Sudan and Marrakech. Otherworldly charm level: 100/10.
Day 10 Marrakesh.
The trip might be over after breakfast, but your adventure doesn't have to be! We'll be seeing you around.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
Here’s why Jordan is the new travel hotspot for 2019
If you’ve been thinking of travelling to Jordan, 2019 is the year to take the leap. In 2019 even more travellers than before will have the desire to get off the beaten path and head a little further afield with tour operators like Intrepid noticing a rise in Aussies visiting the Middle East. Travel...