Jordan & Israel, 10 Days, SAVE $352*
What you get...
- 10 Day trip departing Amman.
On the Bucket List:.
- Entrance fees to all sights in the itinerary.
- Float in the Dead Sea.
- Relax on the Red Sea in Aqaba.
- Discover the 'Lost City' of Petra.
- Guided tours of Amman and ancient Jerash.
- Wadi Rum 4x4 excursion.
- Stay in a Bedouin desert camp.
- Guided tours of Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Tel Aviv.
8 Nights accommodation in a hotel.
- 1 Night accommodation in a Bedouin desert camp.
- 9 Breakfasts and 1 Dinner.
- Awesome English-speaking Trip Leader.
- Arrival transfer from the airport to the hotel.
- Transport by Modern air-conditioned minibus or coach.
- WAS $2349*, NOW $1997*, SAVE $352*.
Amman - Petra - Wadi Rum - Aqaba - Jerusalem - Tel Aviv
Day 1 Amman.
Touch down in one of the oldest cities in existence and drop off your gear before trading bios with your new travel buddies tonight. For dinner, track down some falafel. This ain't just any old falafel though! Trust us, the stuff you get here is like nothing you'll find at home. Why not shimmy over to Hashem Restaurant? It's a favourite with locals and travellers.
Day 2 Amman to Petra.
Today it's time to kick it old school in Madaba, the site of an ancient holy map that's so detailed it's like Google Maps for theologists. Then: soak up views of the Promised Land from the top of Mt Nebo, storm a giant Crusader castle in Karak... and we haven't even got to the Lost City yet!
Day 3 Petra.
'Historic' is a word that doesn't even come close to describing a city that was founded around 312 BC. With 80 m high red sandstone tunnels and a facade made famous by Indiana Jones, Petra stands as testament to man's ability to create beauty from nothing. Wander through the Siq and remember to pinch yourself when you catch your first glimpse of the Treasury.
Day 4 Petra to Wadi Rum.
Back in the day, camels were the go-to way to cross the desert. Nowadays, we do it in a 4x4 (though the camel ride is still an option if you wanna have yourself a happy hump day). At Wadi Rum, we'll spend the night alongside one of the world's most ancient nomadic tribes in a Bedouin camp. Take it all in as the sun starts to go down and watch the cliffs glow with 50 shades of red. When night comes, get set for an epic show. We're talking countless stars and the Milky Way as your canopy for the night. Whoever spots the most shooting stars wins!
Day 5 Wadi Rum to Aqaba.
Founded in around 4,000 BC, Aqaba is Jordan's only coastal city - and it sits smack bang in the middle of everything that is the Red Sea. Take the option to (wet) suit up and see what all those 'top dives in the world' lists are on about. Also on the optionals menu: snorkelling and a glass bottom boat tour. Who knew the marine life here was so colourful?
Day 6 Aqaba to Amman.
Time to enjoy one of the world's oldest health resorts! At 427 m below sea level (the lowest point on Earth), the Dead Sea is so salty you can float around in it like a cork. Afterwards, we'll hit the road to Amman. Roman, Byzantine and Umayyad empires have all had their two cents when it comes to this place, creating a melting pot of ancient historical sites.
Day 7 Amman to Jerusalem.
Today we'll crank the history knob up to 11 and take you through Jerash - home to a bunch of Greco-Roman highlights, including a hippodrome which was used for chariot racing (and is nothing to do with hippos). Then: you'll see the Roman Amphitheatre, Citadel and more on this afternoon's city tour back in Amman.
Day 8 Jerusalem.
Christianity, Islam and Judaism all consider Jerusalem a holy place, so it's kind of a big deal. We'll check out the Mount of Olives, Gethsemane, King David's Tomb, the Western Wall, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and Golgotha (where Jesus was crucified), just to name a few.
Day 9 Jerusalem to Tel Aviv.
Step into a real-life nativity scene in Bethlehem before swapping religious sites for Tel Aviv. Wanna top up your tan? You've got 16 beaches to choose from! If you're keen for a wander, head to the chilled-out seaport of Old Jaffa. Tonight we'll find out why Lonely Planet ranked this place one of the top ten party cities in the world. But before you hit the bars and the nightlife, why not head out for a final dinner with your travel mates? Saluf & Sons does some tasty, traditional Yemeni food that's well worth a try.
Day 10 Tel Aviv.
The trip might be over after breakfast, but don't leave until you track down Abu Hassan for hummus that will haunt your dreams (it's that good). Don't miss the boho neighbourhood of Florentin either. There are plenty of cafes here to sample some local coffees and treats - just the ticket after the night before.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
Here’s why Jordan is the new travel hotspot for 2019
If you’ve been thinking of travelling to Jordan, 2019 is the year to take the leap. In 2019 even more travellers than before will have the desire to get off the beaten path and head a little further afield with tour operators like Intrepid noticing a rise in Aussies visiting the Middle East. Travel...