Egypt Express, 9 Days, SAVE $139*
What you get...
- 9 Day trip departing Cairo.
On the Bucket List:.
- Pyramids & Sphinx at Giza Plateau.
- Egyptian Museum.
- Temples of Abu Simbel & Kom Ombo.
- Valley of the Kings & Temple of Hatshepsut.
- Felucca Sailing on the Nile.
- Egyptology tours at major sites (entrance fees not included).
3 Nights accommodation in 3 star hotels.
- 1 Night accommodation in a tourist class hotel.
- 2 Nights aboard a felucca sailboat.
- 2 Nights aboard an overnight coach.
- 8 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners.
- Awesome English-speaking Trip Leader.
- Arrival and departure transfers included.
- Transport by an air-conditioned vehicle and felucca sailboat.
- WAS$1389*, NOW $1250*, SAVE $139*.
Cairo - Aswan - Felucca Sailing - Felucca Sailing - Luxor
Day 1 Cairo.
Take 17,190 people per square-kilometre, traffic jams on steroids and of course, pyramids, and you've officially arrived in Umm al-Dunya aka 'the mother of the world'. Tonight: convene with the gang for an Egyptian induction.
Day 2 Cairo to Aswan.
Take a whirl through 5,000 years of Egypt's past and see King Tutankhamun's treasures at the Egyptian Museum. Then, have a Giza at the ancient pyramids and play 'got your nose' with the Sphinx. Never gets old.
Day 3 Aswan.
Wake up in Aswan with a free day ahead, or opt to visit the Aswan High Dam and Philae Temple. The shrine to the goddess Isis had to be moved and reassembled like a jigsaw puzzle in the '70s due to the rising Nile. Also: a chance to explore a Nubian village.
Day 4 Aswan to Felucca Sailing.
After a temple-filled day, climb aboard a traditional felucca sailboat. The adventure's just beginning!
Day 5 Felucca Sailing.
Imagine: The sun on your back, the wind in your cotton sails and the best people you could ever hope to meet sharing stories, food and music in one cushion-strewn love-in. Sail like a Nubian into the sunset after a full day of doing not much at all.
Day 6 Felucca Sailing to Luxor.
The split personality of Kom Ombo temple is dedicated to the crocodile god Sobek and falcon god Horus. Who do you reckon would win in a fight? We're stepping off in Luxor aka the world's largest open-air museum for a chance to visit its namesake and Karnak temples. See also: Ridiculous beauty.
Day 7 Luxor to Cairo.
Unwrapped, the bandages of a mummy could stretch for 1.6 kilometres. Wouldn't want to have to roll that up again! Get inside the Valley of the Kings then give a silent high five to Queen Hatshepsut, who ruled ancient Egypt for 20 years before snapping a selfie at the Colossi of Memnon.
Day 8 Cairo.
Spend your free day chilling out or take the opportunity to tour the Saqqara Pyramid, Coptic Cairo and Khan el-Khalili market. Famished? Hit up a kushari vendor for Egypt's version of fast food. It might start with 'K' but there's no fried chicken in sight.
Day 9 Cairo.
Just getting into the groove of this 24-hour city? This adventure may be over after breakfast, but you can make like Indiana Jones and keep on seeking. Why not continue to Dahab on our 9 Day Sinai Horizons trip?
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
Here’s why Jordan is the new travel hotspot for 2019
If you’ve been thinking of travelling to Jordan, 2019 is the year to take the leap. In 2019 even more travellers than before will have the desire to get off the beaten path and head a little further afield with tour operators like Intrepid noticing a rise in Aussies visiting the Middle East. Travel...