Chiang Mai & Elephants, 3 days
What you get...
- 3 day tour departing Chiang Mai.
- 2 nightsaccomodation in a hotel.
- 2 breakfasts and 1 lunch.
- Transport: Mini bus, Songthaew.
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer.
- Chiang Mai - Elephant Nature Park day trip.
- Urban Adventures - Chiang Mai Mind & Soul tour.
Chiang Mai - Elephant Nature Park
Day 1 Chiang Mai.
Sa-wat dee Welcome to Thailand. The most vibrant city in northern Thailand, Chiang Mai has many famous temples and an interesting old city area. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 7pm with your local guide. An airport arrival transfer is included please advise your flight details at time of booking. If you arrive early, head out to explore charming Chiang Mai. The friendliness of the people, the interesting old town bound by moats, and the many fascinating temples enthral travellers from around the world. After the welcome meeting you will have free time tonight. Make sure to sample some delicious traditional northern Thai food in the vibrant night markets - the signature dish is kao soy, yellow wheat noodles in a curry broth, traditionally served with chicken or beef.
Day 2 Chiang Mai to Elephant Nature Park.
Set off early this morning, around 8am, and drive along the Mae Taeng Valley to the Elephant Nature Park (approximately 60 kilometres), a unique project providing a sanctuary and rescue centre for elephants. You'll be greeted by an expert guide, and then learn the stories of rescued elephants and understand the issues surrounding elephants in South-East Asia. After that you'll have a chance to feed the elephants from the viewing platform. Then, a buffet lunch is provided before you will see the elephants getting bathed in the river from the safe distance of large viewing platforms. It is such a memorable experience to watch these incredible creatures roam around in such beautiful surroundings. Return to Chiang Mai to soak up the atmosphere of this great city. Tonight is free for you to do as you wish. You could indulge in an authentic Thai massage at one of the many places on offer within walking distance from your hotel. Special Information. Toady you will be picked up from your hotel by a staff member from Elephant Nature Park. They will be your guide for today's activities. Please note you may join in with other travellers who have booked this Elephant Nature Park day tour only. You will arrive back at your hotel at approximately 5pm. In the evening you will have free time to do as you wish. For bookings made for travel in December 2019 or January 2020, if the Elephant Nature Park is fully booked you will be booked into our alternative BMP Elephant Care Project. This is due to the limited availability at the Elephant Nature Park during peak season. Please see further information about the BMP Elephant Care Project under the "Itinerary Disclaimer" section of our Essential Trip Information.
Day 3 Chiang Mai.
It's an early start today (pick up between 5.30 to 5.50am) as you set off by songthaew for a scenic drive to Kad Ton Payom flea market. Here you'll collect your offerings from the market and then offer these alms to monks to 'make merit'. This region is famous for its cuisine and you'll enjoy a traditional breakfast of local specialities such as rice soup, fried rice, and grilled pork. The next stop is Wat U-mong, a 600 year-old temple famed for its large painted pagoda and underground tunnel. Soak up the peaceful atmosphere and take the opportunity to talk with the abbot about Buddhism and Dharma. Then it's on to Wat Suan Dok, where you can mingle with monks to learn about their way of life, take some time to learn basic meditation, and also make an offering to the Sangkha (the Buddhist community). Your adventure concludes at apprioximately 12pm, and you are free to depart at any time. There is no accommodation included tonight. Perhaps stay in Chiang Mai and explore the city further.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 May 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
Best Places To Live Your Best Life
We know you’ve got a ‘Dream Destinations’ collection on your Insta, and if you’re anything like us—a pinterest page and a mood board or two, too! Check out our #livingyourbestlife travel list below and see if your dream destinations, things to do, eat and see line up with some of ours! To help you...