CONDITIONS OF ENTRY - Student Flights Semester 2 O Week Competition
1. The Promoter” is Flight Centre Travel Group trading as Student Flights ABN 25 003 377 188 ACN 003 377 188. Head Office, Level 2, 545 Queen Street, Brisbane QLD 4000.
Conditions of Entry
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each entrant.
3. Entry is open to current Australian University Students, who enter the promotion in the required manner.
4. Employees of Flight Centre Travel Group and their immediate families are not permitted to enter.
Duration of Promotional Period
5. The competition commences at 12.00am AEST on Sunday 16th July, 2017.
6. The competition closes at 12.00pm AEST on Thursday 3rd August, 2017.
How to Enter
7. Eligible entrants can enter the promotion in the following way:
a. Current Australian University Students must attend a Student Flights Stall at a participating University during Semester 2 O Week period and text ‘WIN’ to 0451 562 444 or visit WWW.STUDENTFLIGHTS.COM.AU/OWEEK and fill out the competition entry form to enter during the competition period.
This will result in a maximum of one (1) “primary entry”.
8. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by The Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, illegible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries must be received by The Promoter during the promotional period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
9. Any costs associated with accessing the Promotional Websites remain the responsibility of each entrant and are dependent on the Internet Service Provider used.
10. The competition is a game of chance and the winner will be selected via a random computer generated program.
11. The prize draw will take place at 2.00pm at Flight Centre Head Office, Level 13, 275 Grey St, Brisbane QLD 4100 on Friday 4th of August, 2017.
12. The prize winner will be notified and informed of their winning entry via email at the same time and business day of the Prize Draw and will be requested to email email@example.com to claim their prize.
13. The prize winner will have until 4.00PM AEST on Friday 11th August, 2017 to claim their prize. Should an unclaimed prize draw be necessary, the draw will be held at 5.00PM AEST on Friday 11th August, 2017 at Flight Centre Head Office, Level 13, 275 Grey St, Brisbane QLD 4101.
14. The prize winner of the unclaimed prize draw will be notified entry via email at the same time and business day of the Prize Draw and will be requested to email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim their prize.
15. The prize consists of 1 $5000 Student Flights Gift Card;
16. The total value of the prize is $5000.
17. Winners must take the prizes as offered. Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be sold or exchanged for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
18. The prizes and booking of the prizes are subject to the standard booking terms and conditions of The Promoter.
19. The Prize Winner consents to the use of their name, suburb of residence and image for promotional and marketing purposes.
20. To the extent permitted by law, The Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
a) inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information;
b) purported entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, sent with insufficient postage (where entry is by post), or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions;
c) ny problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software;
d) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website;
e) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the competition;
f) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition;
g) any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by The Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a prize winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a winner; or
h) any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
21. The Promoter will not be liable for personal injury suffered during prize winnings. The Major Prize Winner, and his or her guests, must sign and return any liability release and indemnity provided by The Promoter and/or its contractors as a condition of a prize being awarded. Failure to return the signed releases and indemnities will result in the entitlement to the prize being forfeited and the selection of another Prize Winner.
22. This condition does not affect, and is not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of The Promoter or its servant or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the prize supplied again.
23. When competition entrants subscribe to The Promoter’s email newsletter they are agreeing to receive email marketing. In the event that entrants decide to opt out of receiving information on promotions, services and market research provided by The Promoter they can email email@example.com or contact the Global Head Office on 07 3170 7979.