5 reasons why you should take a working holiday
Have you ever thought about taking a working holiday but needed a little convincing? Well then this blog is for you. While working on your holiday kind of defeats the purpose, if an international adventure is what you seek then it makes a whole lot of sense. Plus the working holidays we offer at Student Flights don’t involve boring computers and cubicles but fun jobs where beer, skiing and socialising come naturally. Need some more convincing? The following 5 reasons ought to do it.
1. You can travel longer And what’s not to love about that? With a working holiday you get to not only stay longer in your nominated city, but you can also travel on the weekends, set off on your down time and travel a little further on your way home. See what you’ve always wanted to see and take the time to see it properly without having to rush yourself.
2. You can immerse yourself in the new and unusual Forget a few days of skiing, on a working holiday in Canada you can spend the whole season on the slopes. And while for some seeing the Big Ben in London may be a once in a life-time experience, on a London working holiday you can spy it every day. This is just one of the many advantages of a working holiday. By staying longer you can see what life is like through a local’s eyes, discover something new every day and truly immerse yourself in the international experience.
3. You can make international friends easily When you’re travelling solo it can be difficult to meet people and make new friends – particularly with the locals. A working-holiday however presents a fantastic opportunity to mingle with locals and ex-pats alike. Join them at the pub for after-work drinks, get in on the team bonding sessions and make an international friend for life.
4. It will look great on your resume While your 6 week bus tour across Europe doesn't really have a place on your resume, your working holiday in London could be great for helping you get that next job. Especially if you’re overseas work is in a similar industry to the position you are applying for. World experience is also often looked fondly upon by employers and may be that bonus feature that helps you land the job.
5. You can leave sooner And by leave sooner we mean now! Forget having to save for months on end to travel for a measly two weeks. On a working holiday you can break even with your expenses, live off what you earn and start your travels sooner, rather than later. So what are you waiting for? Check out our working holiday packages and get out there and not only see the world, but experience it.