26 things to be thankful for while travelling
In light of Thanksgiving in the US of A, today, the 26th of November, we thought we’d highlight 26 of the things that saved our asses time and time again when travelling.
Sometimes it’s the little things; like being helped with directions from a friendly local, to the big things, like scoring an upgrade or avoiding foot fungus!
1. Wet wipes at festivals / for all those times you got caught out in the loo without paper
2. Free WIFI in cafes / on tour buses / hotel lobbies / parks
#heart #wifi #spacer A photo posted by Ꮴictoria Cook (@vic_the_doge) on
3. Free continental breakfast at your hostel
4. Universal power adapters
Lost in transformation. Interconnectedness. A traveler's life. #travel #viajar #plug #power #poweradaptor #worldtraveller #funny A photo posted by Valentina (@valchapina) on
5. Late check-out / Early check-in
6. Free walking tours with locals
A new #freewalkingtour this Saturday morning. Great group. A photo posted by Salta Free Walking Tours (@saltafreetours) on
7. Stumbling across a favourite new restaurant without the help of a guide book
8. Scoring the exit row aisle or even getting two (or more) seats to yourself on a bus/ train/plane
LOOK AT ALL MY LEG ROOM!!!!! #wonthetravellottery #exitaisle #americanadventure A photo posted by Louise vW (@louisevnwk) on
9. Mastering driving on the other side of the road
10. Translator apps
#translatorapp #lifesaver ❤ A photo posted by Lillyy (@lillyjefferies) on
11. Bar crawls, for meeting people
12. Snow in July
I'm happy to have pictures like these that capture my moments of pure happiness. They take me to a place where my worries wash away <3 #themountainsarecalling #explorebc #toughtimesdontlast #thatsmile #purehappiness #whistlerstyle #gypsysoul #whistler #snowinjuly A photo posted by Katie Barker (@katebarker94) on
13. Cities that turn into homes, that turn into lifelong memories
14. Strangers that turn into friends
Bomb fire and friends on the beach at sunset. Life is good #newzealand #westport #wedtportbeach #bombfire #travelfriends #puppy #puppylove A photo posted by ΔALE HAMILTON (@daleham) on
15. Shower thongs for hostels
16. Days without plans or direction
#hammock #chillax #cantimestop #latergram A photo posted by Julie Yoo (@julz1201) on
17. Ear plugs for the nights you want to sleep + noise cancelling headphones
18. When the exchange rate is in your favour
Pesos came in today. Looks like we're gonna make it rain in Mexico... #GoodExchangeRate #FunnyMoney A video posted by Eric Morrison (@_ericmorrison_) on
19. Perfect weather (Sunshine on a rainy day, makes my soul, makes my soul, trip, trip, trip away)
20. Having rellies or friends to crash with
My little home away from home the next little while A photo posted by Precious LaPlante (@preciouslaplante) on
21. Sweet insider tips from locals
22. Someone helping you figure out public transport
The adventure begins! #London #citylife #newjob #oystercard #publictransport A photo posted by Jenika (@jenika_84) on
23. Free upgrades on planes / in hotels / car hire
24. Freebies in general – drinks on arrival, tapas in Spain, wine tastings...
More Sangria, can't get enough ❤️ #sangria #freetapas #granada #Spain A photo posted by Stephanie Caldwell (@steph_caldy) on
25. Jumping the queue at theme parks
26. Getting that ‘perfect’ Insta shot
_ 피사의 사탑 넘어뜨리러 옴 날씨 짱☀️ 오빠는 인생사진이라고 ㅋㅋ #Italy #Pisa #LeaningTowerofPisa #이탈리아 #피사 #피사의사탑 #싸우자 A photo posted by 최 윤주 28 (@uunnju) on
– Happy Thanksgiving from the Student Flights & Flight Centre Content Team - a gaggle of well-travelled writer nerds.
More like this
All the festivals to time your next Europe vacay for
With so many massive music festivals throughout Europe to choose from, trying to find just the right one can leave you feeling a bit like Goldilocks. And because everyone’s music festival check lists are different, it can be a labyrinth trying to navigate the vibes of each.
A first-timers' guide to Thailand
So, you’re finally headed to the land of green curry. You’ve scored a black market bargain flight deal, bought that playsuit that's going to look hot once you're tanned, and already planned the hashtags that will make your friends jelly #cocktailsalldayerryday #wishyouwerehere.
Tips for an epic 2017 Splendour In The Grass road trip
One of the best parts of the Splendour In The Grass festival is always the build up of excitement and anticipation that gets bundled up into the car brimming with too many pillows, sleeping bags and fifty-one outfit options that you and your mates have each brought along.
70 Hot Dogs in 10 Minutes - USA's Best Eating Comps
#Lifegoals right here: people cheering you on as you eat as much as you can with the possibility of a cash prize at the end of a bucket of fried chicken. The USA is the world’s hotspot for competitive eating, a legit sport that has its own administrative league and a calendar of juicy events.