How many avo toasts does it take to travel around London?
Since we all know the real reason Millennials and ‘young people’ aren’t able to afford a home in the current economic climate is because we’re eating too much, "... smashed avocado with crumbled feta on five-grain toasted bread at $22 a pop."
So we figured why not find some more (and slightly less costly) ways to spend your avo on toast monies, specifically how far your daily avo on toast will get you in Londontown. However, we’ve decided to adjust slightly the $22 price tag placed on avo on toast by The Australian and have gone with a more realistic $15 ‘a pop’ avo on toast.
All the things to spend your avo on toast monies on in London:
1. Ride the London Eye = 2.8 avos on toast (AUD$42)
2. Tour inside Westminster Abbey = 2.4 avos on toast (AUD$36)
3. Take a selfie holding up Big Ben = zero avo on toast (FREE)
4. Try a Peggy Porschen cupcake = ½ an avo on toast (AUD$7)
5. A five day Visitor Oyster Card = 4 avos on toast (AUD$59.40 - including cost of card)
London’s transport pay as you go swipe card is known as the Oyster card. You can order a special ‘Visitor Oyster card’ which offers daily capping. This means you can travel as much as you like in a single day and the amount you pay for your travel is limited (or capped). For example, you can travel as many times as you like in a day in Zones 1 and 2 (from 04:30 to 04:29 the next day) and you won't be charged more than AUD$10.88. By comparison, a Day Travelcard is more expensive and will cost you AUD$20.28.
6. Cover charge for Fabric nightclub =2.5 avo on toasts (AUD$38)
7. A visit to the Natural History Museum = zero avo on toast (FREE)
This was one of the highlights of the museum | The skeleton of a blue whale suspended in the Hintze Hall | Found in Wexford, Ireland and preserved for all in London | Natural History Museum, Knightsbridge, London, UK #naturalhistory #naturalhistorymuseum #naturalhistorymuseumlondon #london #knightsbridge #londontown #londonlife #lovelondon #londonbaby #theadventuresofpatrickandmartin #my30thyear #bluewhale #skeleton #fossil #hintzehall #canon #canon1300 #iphone7plus #igerslondon #instapic #instadaily #instatravel #travel #travelbug #travels #history #historic #archeology #architecture #architecturelover
8. A visit next door to the V&A Museum = zero avo on toast (FREE)
9. A visit to the Tate Modern or Tate Britain = zero avo on toast (FREE)
First walk from St Paul’s Cathedral across the Thames on the Millennium Bridge to the Tate Modern which will cost you precisely zero avos on toast, as will the Tate Modern itself.
10. Have a pint or Pimms at The Grenadier = ½ an avo on toast (AUS$7)
Built in 1720, the Grenadier was originally used as an officer’s mess for the Foot Guards regiment. It became a pub in 1818 and was rumoured to be a local haunt of the Duke of Wellington and King George IV.
11. Swap 1.2 avo on toasts for a traditional English breaky at The Breakfast Club (AUD$18)
‘The Full Monty’ at this legendary restaurant includes; bacon, sausage, black pudding, eggs, home-style fried potatoes, mushrooms, beans, grilled tomato and toasted multigrain bloomer (a popular London bread).
12. Buy flowers at the Borough Markets = 1 avo on toast (AUD$15)
13. Go shopping at Harrods/Liberty/Selfridges = all of your avo on toasts (AUD$$$)
More like this
Best Places To Live Your Best Life
We know you’ve got a ‘Dream Destinations’ collection on your Insta, and if you’re anything like us—a pinterest page and a mood board or two, too! Check out our #livingyourbestlife travel list below and see if your dream destinations, things to do, eat and see line up with some of ours!
Epic spots to soak up the summer by the water in Europe
Off to Europe this summer? When the temps get sizzling, the water is the only place you need to be. Beaches, beach clubs, lakes and lagoons… Europe is full of them. So here’s a list of all the best waterside gems in Europe to hit up.