All the things to do and see in Hawaii besides Waikiki Beach
Any good holiday begins with some research and a list of what there is to see and do, and when it comes to Hawaii, that list is longer than most. From the world class surfing beaches to the lush jungle and mountainous interior, not to mention the fact there’s actually 8 islands which many people don't even realise. Making a list for all the things to see and do will have you feeling slightly overwhelmed at all the activities you probably won’t get around to. So I could list out the 10 must not miss things to do around the more tourist centric areas like many other lists, or I could throw down the activities in Oahu and Maui that are going to give you the best stories to take back home….which would you rather?
If you haven’t already started planning that trip to Hawaii, get on over here and snap up this month’s bargain flights for students and under-30s and start planning your island escape…
1.Hire a mustang and cruise to the North Shore
Put the top down and get ready to fly (responsibly of course).
2. Try a tofu poke bowl at Ai Love Nalo near Waimanalo Bay
3. ATV and zipline at Kualoa Ranch
4. Try one of Oahu’s best Acai bowl at Wailua Bakery, Haleiwa Town
5. Watch the surfers during sunset at Banzai Pipeline, Sunset Beach
6. Quench your thirst with a pineapple juice (in a pineapple) at North Shore Taco Truck, Pupukea
7. Snorkel at Shark’s Cove
8. Take a plantation tour at the Dole Pineapple Plantation
09.Watch the locals jump off the rock at Waimea Bay
10. Go bikini shopping at local swimwear brand San Lorenzo in Halaweia Town
11. Try the island’s best shave ice at Matsumoto
12. Party at Turtle Bay Resort
13. Do a Maverick helicopter tour over the Hana rainforest
Where you get to land in the actual rainforest midway.
14. Hire a Jeep and drive along the winding Hana Highway
15. Swim at Twin Falls Waterfall
16. Snorkel with Turtles off Molokini Crater
17. Take photos at the Sunflower Field off Kuihelani Highway
18. Go shopping for a traditional Maui hook necklace in Lahaina
19. Eat fish tacos at Paia Fish Market in Paia
20. Experience the Old Lahaina Luau
More like this
More like this
2017 Year in Review: outback pubs, travelling light and weird things found in Tokyo
From the best pubs of the Outback to the top trips to take around the world as a girl chasing adventure, 2017 was a year of the weird (things you have to see to believe in Tokyo) and the wonderful in travel.
7 of the best same-sex honeymoon destinations
At Student Flights we’re a little bit (okay a lot) excited that it’s now official, marriage equality (#neverstopequality) has been passed in the Australian parliament and same-sex couples are able to legally be married i