Europe or Asia... what would you rather?
Asia or Europe… what would you rather? It’s a hard choice of course. They both play home to diverse cultures, delicious foods, epic history, beautiful beaches and otherworldly scenery that’s perfect for Insta.
Why are we asking? Because we have two holidays up for grabs! Choose your fave trip below and your dream could become a reality. Both prizes include flights and tours for two (you and a mate!), a $1000 Travel Money Oz Currency Pass, and a $1000 Student Flights Gift Card. But hurry - entries close 28 April, 2019! *conditions apply.
Here’s what you could win:
1. Dubrovnik Dreams
What is it?
An unforgettable 8-day Croatia sailing tour with Topdeck. Yas!
Why love it?
The wind in your hair, stunning sun-soaked islands and a fun crew on deck. What more could you want? Croatia sailing with Topdeck is the ultimate European experience. And this tour takes in the best of it all, over eight fun-filled days cruising those beautiful Adriatic blues. History. Tick. Beaches. Tick. Nightlife. Tick. This trip has it all.
The stops: Dubrovnik, Mljet, Makarska, Split, Hvar, Korcula, Sipan
6 Epic Highlights
1. Sipping cocktails and sunbaking as you cruise along the stunning Croatian coastline, past ancient ruins, beautiful islands and stretches of remote natural scenery.
2. Walking up high on the old city walls of Dubrovnik - the old town on one side, the ocean on the other. It’s straight out of the scenes of a Game of Thrones episode and comes complete with the tick of World Heritage List approval.
3. Jumping straight off the boat into the picture-perfect blue waters of Croatia to go for a swim. Every. Single. Day.
4. Exploring the 4th century Diocletian’s Palace in Split. It was built by a Roman emperor and is super fascinating to check out how they once lived.
5. Stepping off the boat to explore forest-fringed Mljet. It’s Croatia’s greenest island and an absolute gem to explore on foot.
6. Eyeing off the amazing panoramic views from the ancient fortress looming above Hvar Town. Yes, it’s an uphill wander to get there. But it’s worth it to peer back over the old town streets at sunset.
Ice cream and cocktails! Oh and cevapi too.
Where you’ll sleep
On the boat! With the sound of the ocean lapping just outside, as it rocks you to sleep. Ahhhh.
What is it?
An all-senses-tuned 10-day tour with Intrepid Travel.
Why love it?
Where else but Japan can you find ancient temples, quirky shopping, delicious food, interesting history and karaoke every single night on tour, guaranteed? (Because we all know it’s the best way to bond). On this tour, you don’t miss a single beat of what makes this nation tick - from the sake bars to the samurai culture, shiny mod-cons and iconic Japanese sights.
The stops: Tokyo, Kanazawa, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Osaka
8 epic highlights
1. Sussing out the wild fashions of Harajuku. Let just say, expect lots of wow moments.
2. Stripping down (yes, naked) to jump into the steamy hot onsens of Japan. It’s relaxing and super invigorating. Plus it offers a nice sneak peek into Japanese culture - you know, up close.
3. Travelling at lightning speed on the bullet train. Staring out that window as landscapes whizz by. Amazing!
4. Spotting geishas IRL wandering around the famous Gion District.
5. Spending a night on the town in Roppongi - the epicentre of Tokyo’s clubbing scene.
6. Taking a peek into the Japan’s tragic past at Hiroshima Peace Park and Museum. It’s a sobering experience, yes. But it’s a must.
7. Getting your zen on in the beautiful temple gardens of Kyoto, which ooze peace and quiet.
8. Karaoke, karaoke, karaoke!
Hours-fresh sushi and sashimi, washed down with sake. Plus lots of yakitori and tempura.
Where you’ll sleep
Japan has a booming hostel scene, and for much of the trip you’ll get to experience just why it’s so cool. Then, in Tokyo and Kyoto, it’s all about the pod hostels. Say hello to your own little capsule to sleep in. And bye bye squeaky bunk beds.
More like this
7 Sweet Games You Can Play On A Bus Tour
Whether you’re on a short visit like a 7-day California roadtrip or a mammoth 55-day Epic Adventures journey, we’ve put together a selection of sweeeet games you can play on a bus tour to make the most of time in-between locations.
10 #awesome stops on a USA road trip
Bob Dylan sang about it, Hunter S Thompson wrote about/lived it Gonzo-style, the people in the Walking Dead do it all the time, and, if you’ve got Netflix, you will know Paul Rudd’s been at it recently en route to the America’s deepest pit (strangely with Selena Gomez in tow).
7 Destinations giving us serious FOMO right now
We all know what FOMO is, right? It’s that fear of missing out, usually brought on by scrolling your Insta feed and seeing other people in amazing destinations, probably (definitely) having a better time than you.