Terms & Conditions – “Student Flights Bucket list Giveaway”
Conditions of Entry
1. Information about the Prizes and how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry by each entrant.
2. The promoter is Flight Centre Travel Group Limited trading as Student Flights, ABN 25 003 377 188 of, Level 13, 275 Grey Street, South Brisbane QLD 4101 ("Promoter").
3. Entry is open to residents of New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia aged 18 years to 35 years of age who enter the promotion in the required manner as stated in these terms and conditions ("Eligible Entrants").
4. Employees and contractors of Flight Centre Travel Group Limited, its related bodies corporate, suppliers, agencies, licensees, franchisees and their immediate families are not permitted to enter.
Duration of Promotion Period
5. The promotion will commence at 9:00am AEST on 14 November 2016 and will continue until 11:59pm AEST on Sunday 11th December 2016 ("Promotion Period").
How to Enter
6. To enter the promotion and be eligible to win, Eligible Entrants must go to https://www.studentflights.com.au/win/rtw and enter the competition by completing an online entry form for this promotion and ticking the box to become a Student Flights subscriber of hot offer.
7. This will result in a maximum of one (1) “primary entry”.
8. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of the Prize Winner selection.
9. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Entries which are incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, illegible, inappropriate, offensive or incomprehensible or which infringe intellectual property rights will be deemed invalid.
10. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
11. Any costs associated with accessing the promotion are the responsibility of each entrant.
12. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in the value of any Prize.
13. If the Promoter is unable to provide the Prize Winner with the nominated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative Prize of similar monetary value, subject to any direction of a lottery authority.
14. If the Prize Winner does not accept any element of the Prize, the Promoter is not obliged to provide the Prize Winner with a substitute Prize.
15. For the first 20,000 valid Entries received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period, the Promoter and The Intrepid Group will donate a combined amount equalling to AUD$1 to the Intrepid Foundation (up to a maximum of $20,000AUD).
Selection of Prize Winner
16. There will be nine (9) Prize Winners.
17. A draw for the Prizes will be conducted at 2:00pm AEST on Monday 12th December, 2016 at Flight Centre Travel Group Limited Head Office, Level 13, 275 Grey Street, South Brisbane QLD 4101.The Prize Winners will be drawn at random using an electronic method. The first Eligible Entry drawn will win the Grand Prize, and the next eight (8) Eligible Entries drawn will each win Secondary Prized (as described in paragraphs 21 to 28 below).
18. Each Prize Winner will be notified via email and phone call on Tuesday 13th December 2016. The Prize Winners’ details will be published on https://www.studentflights.com.au/deals/winners page on 5:00pm AEST Tuesday 13th December 2016.
19. The Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result of the Prize Draw.
20. The Prize Winners will have until 5:00pm AEST Monday 13th March, 2017 to claim the Prizes.
21. If any Prize has not been claimed by the Prize Winner by 5:00pm AEST Monday 13th March, 2017 ("the Unclaimed Prize"), a further Prize Draw for the Unclaimed Prize will occur after 10:00am AEST Tuesday 14th March, 2017 ("Unclaimed Prize Draw"). The Unclaimed Prize Draw will be a random computer generated Prize draw. The winner of the Unclaimed Prize Draw will be notified by email or phone on the day of the Unclaimed Prize Draw.
22. There are nine (9) Prizes, as follows:
(a) Grand Prize: the Grand Prize consists of trip and flight credit with loaded Travel Money Oz vouchers, with a total value of up to AUD $22,000, including GST;
i. One (1) x credit with Intrepid Travel and/or Geckos Adventures up to the value of $15,000 AUD. Credit can be used towards any Intrepid of Geckos trips, accommodation (up to a maximum of two (2) nights of pre-and port-trip accommodation booked in conjunction with an organised Intrepid trip), and transfers available through Intrepid Travel or Geckos Adventures.
ii. The credit can be used for one or two travellers at the winner’s discretion.
iii. Credit can be used towards multiple Intrepid trips/accommodation/transfers, but all Intrepid or Geckos trips/accommodations/transfers must be booked in one (1) transaction.
iv. The entire credit must be used in one (1) transaction.
v. Unused credit is non-refundable and non-transferrable, and cannot be taken as cash. In the event that the Intrepid of Geckos trips/accommodations/transfers booked by the winner are more than $15,000AUD, the winner with then be requested to pay the difference.
vi. Credit must be used/booked by 30/06/2017 and travel must have commenced by 30/09/2017. Travel is subject to trip availability. Intrepid Group loyalty program will not form part of the prize.
vii. Land portion of the prize is valid on Intrepid and Geckos product only and excludes polar, Dragoman and other third part product.
viii. Geckos Adventures is exclusively for those aged 18-29 so in the event the winner is 30+, the tour portion of their prize will need to be redeemed on Intrepid product.
a. Up to AUD$5,000 in economy flights to support travel between the chosen trip itineraries.
i. Travel to be taken within 2017 only (in line with chosen trip itinerary dates).
ii. Flight credit can be used for one or two travellers at the winner’s discretion.
iii. In the event that combined total flight costs exceed AUD$5,000, the winner with then be requested to pay the difference.
b. AUD$2,000 Travel Money Oz voucher.
i. Major Prize winner will be supplied with a voucher that will be loaded with single or multiple currencies to the value of AUD$2,000.
Secondary Prizes: each Secondary Prize consists of one (1) Travel Money Oz voucher or one (1) Student Flights travel voucher, with the total value of the secondary prize draws equalling up to AUD$3,000, including GST.
i. Four (4) prize draws to product four (4) individual prize winners of a Travel Money Oz voucher to the value of AUD$500. You can load the following currencies on a single card. Choose from: (AUD, USD, EUR, GBP, NZD, THB, CAD, HKD, JPY, SGD).
ii. Four (4) prize draws to produce four (4) individual prize winner of a AUD$250 Student Flights voucher. Vouchers are redeemable with all Student Flights retail stores located within Australia. Vouchers will expire 16th December, 2017.
23. The total Prize pool value for the promotion is up to AUD$25,000.
24. Each Prize Winner must take the Prize as offered. The Prizes are not transferable, redeemable, refundable, and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash. The Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
25. The Prize and booking of the Prize are subject to the standard booking terms and conditions of Flight Centre Travel Group Limited (available at www.flightcentre.com.au) and if applicable the airline’s conditions of carriage.
26. Each Prize must be booked by 30/06/2017 and commenced by 30/09/2017, subject to availability.
27. Once a Prize has been booked, full amendment and cancellation fees apply to the Prize Winner as per the standard booking terms and conditions of Flight Centre Travel Group Limited (available at www.studentflights.com.au) and if applicable the airline’s conditions of carriage.
28. The Prize does not include transfers, visas, travel insurance, pre/post accommodation, spending money, excess baggage, excursions/tours, optional activities, freight tipping, extension of stay, additional passengers, passports, visas or any other items not specified in the Prize details. The Prize Winner will be responsible for payment of any amount in excess of the Prize value and for any costs associated with taking the Prize, except where specifically stated as included.
29. Any passes, tickets or vouchers issued as part of the Prize are subject to prevailing terms and conditions of use and any tickets, passes or vouchers are only valid for use within the stated duration on the passes or tickets issued or the duration of the chosen Prize, whichever is earlier.
31. The Prize Winner consents to the use of their name, suburb of residence, image and social media name or handle for promotional and marketing purposes. The personal information of the Prize Winner and their travel companion(s) (if applicable) may be provided to others assisting, including Prize suppliers and deliverers, and to authorities that regulate this promotion.
32. All entrants who submit any entry to the Promoter: (a) grant the Promoter and its licensees and assignees a non-exclusive licence to exercise all rights in perpetuity throughout the world in the entry material and all other material provided by the entrant to the Promoter pursuant to this promotion at any time; and (b) represent and warrant that the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoter in these terms and conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and (c) indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of the foregoing representation and warranty.
33. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
1. inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information;
2. purported entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, sent with insufficient postage (where entry is by post), or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions;
3. any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software;
4. the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website;
5. unauthorised human intervention in any part of the competition;
6. electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition;
7. any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss arising in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a Prize Winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a Prize Winner; or
8. any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
34. The Promoter will not be liable for personal injury suffered during participation in the promotion or use of the Prize, except to the extent directly caused by the Promoter's negligence. If requested by The Promoter, the Prize Winner(s), and his or her guests, must sign and return any liability release and indemnity provided by the Promoter and/or its contractors as a condition of a Prize being awarded. Failure to return the signed releases and indemnities may result in the entitlement to the Prize being forfeited and the selection of another Prize Winner.
35. The above conditions do not affect, and is not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its servant or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the Prize supplied again.
36. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning any Prize.
This promotion is authorised under NSW Permit No., ACT Permit No. TP 16/02188, VIC permit No. LTPS/16/08777 and SA Permit No. T16/1985